Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An all-new Jaguar XJ will make its public debut in July 2009 - NetCarShow.com

Speaking at Auto Shanghai 2009, Jaguar Cars Managing Director, Mike O'Driscoll confirmed that:
  • The all-new Jaguar XJ will go on sale at the end of 2009 - but will officially be revealed on July 9th in London.
  • The all-new Jaguar XJ is the first car to feature the next-generation of Jaguar's aerospace-inspired aluminium body architecture.
  • All of Jaguar's new ultra-efficient Gen III petrol and diesel engines will be available in the new XJ, including the already acclaimed V6 diesel and 510 bhp supercharged V8.
  • There will be a choice of standard- or long wheelbase models.
  • The all-new XJ will introduce the highest standards of personal luxury and specification, including a panoramic glass roof.
Full details of the all-new Jaguar XJ including prices will be revealed on July 9th, 2009 and orders for delivery in early 2010 will be taken from this time.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
the part of this pic that I'm most curious about is the C-pillar area...
imho it looks like they've got artandcolour's reverse slant (see his chop thread)
mixed with what might be a glass panel - kind of making a wrap-around rear window :eyes-wide:
I noticed that too. And I think it looks spectacular. I've always loved the wrap around rear window design. It always reminds me of the 1st & 2nd Gen. Mercury Sable's :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
This only makes me sad, Lincoln is stuck in FWD, Buick and Cadillac might not be in business and India is just about to unleash this?

Wow, how we have fallen!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This only makes me sad, Lincoln is stuck in FWD, Buick and Cadillac might not be in business and India is just about to unleash this?

Wow, how we have fallen!!
NEVER GIVE UP!!!
- the Global Rwd Platform is 90+% ready!
- LINCOLN WILL GET IT!
- probably get the updated 4.0 inline6 too!

^all^ imho of course

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Those renderings from auto express dont have anithing to do with the real car. The real pics of the XJ show a tailligths completly diferent, and a curved rear window and a C pilar very distintive....

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
can't wait to see the new XJ. The previous XJ and the X type are two of the cars on my list for possible malibu replacements. Also did anyone see the new teaser vid talking about the interior

1 - 20 of 38 Posts