Ford Inside News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car looks like lots of work went into it, do you guys think its worth the asking price of $13500?

From the article:
This 1993 Ford Mustang LX coupe is a 5-speed car that the seller has gone out of his way to build into a stealth rocketship. It maintains the stock 10-hole wheels and has some geriatric props added to the parcel shelf, but underneath it is a serious build with a later Ford 4.6L 24-valve V8, a tubular K-member, and cheater slicks.

24 pictures and details

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I wouldn't pay $13500. Yes it's a nice car, but the type of investment he put into it IMO doesn't translate to that type of markup. When you modify a Foxbody Mustang you do it with the understanding you're NOT going recoup your investment at sale time.

Edit: I would rather have the old pushrod 5.0 than the 4.6 seven days a week and twice on Sunday! Swap it for a Coyote and then we'll talk!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
While I'm fine with the mod motor, which takes forced induction extremely well and actually has better midrange power than the 302 (in general), there are a few "deal breakers":

1. While I know it's lighter, I never cared for the notchback body style.

2. I'd much rather have real rubber at all corners and a Saleen or Steeda suspension under it than a drag racing setup.

3. No engine bay crossbar leads me to believe that there isn't much attention paid to stiffening...and Fox cars needed help in that direction.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
3. No engine bay crossbar leads me to believe that there isn't much attention paid to stiffening...and Fox cars needed help in that direction.
Yep! x100

But still that is one CLEAN engine bay!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts