Ford Inside News banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. Audi AG: 2.0L TFSI turbocharged DOHC I-4 (A4 Avant)
  2. BMW AG: 3.0L turbocharged DOHC I-6 (135i Coupe)
  3. BMW AG: 3.0L DOHC I-6 Turbodiesel (335d)
  4. Chrysler LLC: 5.7L Hemi OHV V-8 (Dodge Ram/Challenger R/T)
  5. Ford Motor Co.: 2.5L DOHC I-4 HEV (Escape Hybrid)
  6. General Motors Corp.: 3.6L DOHC V-6 (Cadillac CTS)
  7. Honda Motor Co. Ltd.: 3.5L SOHC V-6 (Accord Coupe)
  8. Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.: 4.6L DOHC V-8 (Genesis)
  9. Toyota Motor Corp.: 3.5L DOHC V-6 (Lexus IS 350)
  10. Volkswagen AG: 2.0L SOHC I-4 Turbodiesel (Jetta TDI)

Link

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Detroit scores three spots on Ward's 10 best Engines list (which I believe should have been the title as we are not particularly worried about or especially fond of Nissan in FoMoCoNews.com. Headlining a thread with the name of a car company that has nothing to do with the substance of the news that initiated it makes little sense to me . . . don't know about the rest of you). That is the good news.

BMW is the only automaker scoring two engines, Detroit needs to reach that level.

Now the three domestic awards speak loads of where the home team is today. Chrysler with its fixation in the past scores with a HEMI truck engine) that wont take them far. GM seems to devote enormous resources and energy in a few product just to leave the rest of the company on its own. The 3.6 V6 in the CTS is a magnificent piece of engineering that is on a luxury car and soon to be the Camaro V6. Lets hope that GM lives long enough to see this engine trickle down to more mundane (as in mainstream and money making) vehicles. Ford, with its eye on the future is warded with the best Hybrid engine there is on the market today, and not surprisingly is the only domestic automaker which is not in a position of clear and present danger of becoming extinct.

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ In case you did not know, This award has been dominated by the VQ engine since its (award) inception.
The fact that for the first time that engine or Nissan did not make the list. That is Huge!!!And that is the biggest news this year.
We all like the Domestics, but that does not mean there are no other automakers out there.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
^^^ In case you did not know, This award has been dominated by the VQ engine since its (award) inception.
The fact that for the first time that engine or Nissan did not make the list. That is Huge!!!And that is the biggest news this year.
We all like the Domestics, but that does not mean there are no other automakers out there.
This is FoMoCo News (as in Ford Motor Company) not Nissan news. And under the current circumstances any success of ANY of the domestic automakers is bigger than any of the failures of the foreign competitors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts