Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Navigator has a really conservative design...leaves plenty of room for Infiniti to make a splash which is my only concern with Lincoln's unimaginative approach to design right now, especially in a segment meant to be flashy. But then again, there is always room for something more sedate.
It's pretty clear Lincoln is trying to play it safe design wise for the time being while they re-establish themselves in the market and in people's minds. They're trying to play to the broadest audience with this round of products so that they can attract those that left or haven't considered Lincoln in a long time. As the brand's image stabilizes and gets stronger, we'll see them push more design-wise. Their attempt with the split wing (which they were finally starting to get right with the MKX's implementation) had mixed reviews at best, thus the switch to the current styling.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
^ TY for the posts, Topnotch :thumb: & the Chinese-segue:

VolvoCars.com
has a section up for the XC60
which
will makes its U.S debut @ NYC
&
some pix I hadn't seen @ MotorAuthority

think the rocker-area sculpting would be better/more-to-my-liking if it was more 'organic' than
cut'n'paste tinker-trapezoids :yikes:

- - - - - - -

Japanese teasers:
Crosstrek Hyundai Kona Lexus LS-F-Sport

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Wow, first large SUV from Infiniti that I didn't absolutely hate. Not great by any means, but no bad either.
I agree with you SP. Not as bad as the current one. They tried to copy the Navi concept but they have to try harder haha :grin2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
FCA, and Infiniti will be literally printing money on the back of the high margin SUV debuts they will present at the NY show. The QX80 has truly came into its own in the large luxury SUV class, and this generation depending on the details could perhaps truly trouble Cadillac's Escalade.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I would not be that moved by a concept, there is still quite a bit of fiction in there. In the case of the Navigator, I just hope it looks better in production since I find the concept to be a snooze.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Reactions: Darlene

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Looking at the side by side up there I have to agree looks like the grille was toned down a smidge

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I believe that we could be on the edge of a Renaissance level product, and one that will truly define the Lincoln brand moving forward.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts