Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I like that it has a more muscular looking front. The larger headlights go better with the grill, and the under grill detail is more interesting.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Nice job, gjrip. I do like it a lot so far. I really can't wait to see the interior. I think this will leapfrog Cadillac by a significant amount.
My engine spec numbers (guessing) are:

390hp
500ftlbs

They could never match Raptor specs with a Lincoln quiet exhaust. No way. HP will be way down, but torque should be close.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I actually think I like it better than the concept.

Reactions: FordSUVfan

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Nice job, gjrip. I do like it a lot so far. I really can't wait to see the interior. I think this will leapfrog Cadillac by a significant amount.

390hp
500ftlbs

They could never match Raptor specs with a Lincoln quiet exhaust. No way. HP will be way down, but torque should be close.
it sould have the same HP as the Slade and more torque :)

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
it sould have the same HP as the Slade and more torque :)
It will have far more peak torque, and certainly more avg torque, which matters more than peak. It will also have more gears and should weigh less than the truck-axle Cadillac. HP matters far less than torque, but having close to 400 should be great.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
They really shrunk the grill down, it's probably a full third shorter vertically. I think that is an improvement, the larger headlights on the other hand are giving me a previous generation Yukon vibe.

I'm with Wings here though, the interior is what I'm most excited to see! With the prior 4 new Lincolns I've been impressed with the materials and build, but the design hasn't excited me at all. The 'Gator is too **** big to follow along with any prior Lincoln interior trends so we'll see something new for sure!

When does this debut? Any word on Lincoln concepts? If the next Explorer/Aviator are going to be 2019 model year products then they'd debut in concept form this year, production next year.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

390hp
500ftlbs

I'm assuming maybe more power since the Expedition Platinum is supposed to have 400hp, should be in the 420hp range at least.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I like the illuminated star I am glad they are adding it!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
They really shrunk the grill down, it's probably a full third shorter vertically. I think that is an improvement, the larger headlights on the other hand are giving me a previous generation Yukon vibe.

I'm with Wings here though, the interior is what I'm most excited to see! With the prior 4 new Lincolns I've been impressed with the materials and build, but the design hasn't excited me at all. The 'Gator is too **** big to follow along with any prior Lincoln interior trends so we'll see something new for sure!

When does this debut? Any word on Lincoln concepts? If the next Explorer/Aviator are going to be 2019 model year products then they'd debut in concept form this year, production next year.
We'll see pictures around midnight tomorrow (Tuesday night), as has been pointed out.

As for the interior....just look at the concept. It'll be largely what you see there, aside from a more traditional center console/arm rest setup.

As for concepts, I doubt we'll see anything at New York, as Navigator is big news for the brand.....I doubt they'd want to overshadow that with another debut (or overshadow another debut with Navigator).

Is NY the last major show of the year? I can never remember. We've already had LA, NAIAS, and Chicago.....I don't think there are any others?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The only other POSSIBLE would be Pebble Beach. Lincoln did debut BL at it and Cadillac has debuted concepts.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts

I wonder if the lower LEDs will make it to production from the concept.

But they didn't make it to the production Continental

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
dug this up from the Expedition thread
Bloggin said:
..."The standard 3.5L EcoBoost® engine offers 365 horsepower and 450 lbs.-ft. torque."
...vid says power numbers areN'T released yet BUT
saw a blurb+LINK to the Canadia site:
POWER UPGRADE.
The 3.5L EcoBoost® engine in the Expedition Platinum is tuned to give you more
refined power – upping the output to 400 horsepower and 480 lbs.-ft. of torque.
Which means more responsive performance as you pass others on the highway
edit: found it = alternates with the "FirstClassCabin" pic&blurb
:nerd:

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I truly believe that there would be a market for a higher level , and more powerful variant utilizing the full Raptor spec 3.5 Gen II EB.
I'm probably wrong, but I suspect the 4.8EB V8 that was part of the UAW contract with a couple turbos could answer that question. I'd put the odds at my being wrong at somewhere near 100%, but it'd be fun to be right!

1 - 20 of 396 Posts