Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front is a Scion Tc ripp off, not too good in my opinion, sides have hints of Sebring, and interior is Techno, shiny stuff style.. not my cup of tea.. give me a Fusion or Mazda 6 any day, but perhaps I will take a Malibu

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I really hope that Ford or GMs survival does not depend on how ugly their competitors are, or worse how ugly some of us believe they are.

In my eyes this new Accord has the design integrity that the previous Accord never had. I see it a bit too much inspired in the BMW 5 series, especially in its profile and the rear end is very Civic-simpleton but the overall effect is cohesive and just beautiful.

As much as I am tempted I wont share the bashing of a good looking car.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Sobe,
we all have our opinions and we share them here. One man's beautiful is another man's ugy.

Both opinions are of course extreme, as this all new Accord after so many years without a major freshening, is neither. It is somehwere buried in the middle...which is adequate for Ford and GM to gain back market share. And domestic owned competition has plenty up it's sleeve to compete. What I am seeing now is that Japanese competition has peaked in this segment years ago, while others are still peaking.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Sobe,
we all have our opinions and we share them here. One man's beautiful is another man's ugy.

Both opinions are of course extreme, as this all new Accord after so many years without a major freshening, is neither. It is somehwere buried in the middle...which is adequate for Ford and GM to gain back market share. And domestic owned competition has plenty up it's sleeve to compete. What I am seeing now is that Japanese competition has peaked in this segment years ago, while others are still peaking.
My point is that this Accord without being an stylistic breakthrough, is nonetheless a very good design, very cohesive and coherent and projects strength, in that respect it reminds me a lot of the Fusion when it was new. And as hard as it is for the domestic manufacturers, that is all Honda needs since they don't have the perception problem the domestics have, quite the contrary they cars sell on a hard earned reputation. Actually IMO they are delivering much more than they need with this new Accord, merely adequate would have been enough, but by simply not delivering just adequate Honda has gotten as far as they have today. Honda is not without fault as they have produced some of the ugliest cars on the streets like the Ridgeline, the current CRV (which nonetheless is the best selling small SUV in the market today) or the previous Accord sedan, but this new Accord isn't one of them.

GM and Ford do need stylistic breakthroughs and I am confident that they will keep them coming. The Ford Flex, the current Fusion, the MKS and the MKR concept and even the new CTS keep my optimism flowing really high (incidentally right now I believe that Chrysler is simply non-competitive).

IMO again, just saying that this Accord is urrrgly, fugly, a Scion ripoff without backing such definitive opinions subtract a lot of credibility to us as a discussion group.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
IMO again, just saying that this Accord is urrrgly, fugly, a Scion ripoff without backing such definitive opinions subtract a lot of credibility to us as a discussion group.

Did you say the Ridgeline is "ugly?" :mad:

I think many owners would disagree with your definative opinion, unless you "backed it" of course;)

Seriously though, this is a Ford-biased site. I think the Ford fans deserve a ray of sunshine or two after so many years of darkness, and I don't feel they view the occasional harsh remark toward the competition, within good taste of course, as anything more than good clean fun. I see this Accord re-design as an expected mild evolution from their overly mild previous styling - while the competition is bringing their A-game with great quality too. Even Honda loyalists have to take notice soon.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Did you say the Ridgeline is "ugly?" :mad:

I think many owners would disagree with your definative opinion, unless you "backed it" of course;)
OUUUUCHHHH!!!! :eek: Point taken . . . .

But it is butt ugly . . . isn't it. ;)
Seriously though, this is a Ford-biased site. I think the Ford fans deserve a ray of sunshine or two after so many years of darkness, and I don't feel they view the occasional harsh remark toward the competition, within good taste of course, as anything more than good clean fun. I see this Accord re-design as an expected mild evolution from their overly mild previous styling - while the competition is bringing their A-game with great quality too. Even Honda loyalists have to take notice soon.
I agree, not many people see the loads of sun light in Ford future as I do but that seems to be chaging. I just have a problem with that hope coming from the competitors expenses when is undeserved, but that is also my opinion.

Its just me, but I really have a problem with undeserved bashing of competitors products. Now when it is deserved . . . I am all for it. :D

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
sobe seems to have a small spat going with mbuku

·
Registered
200 Posts
I like it, it's quite handsome and very classy looking. It's lacking
a little pizzaz though. The midsize-sedan market sure is heating
up (at least in terms of design). The new malibu should have no
trouble competing with this though besides the people who buy
on reputation.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I don't have a spat with anyone, specially not with wingsnut.

Difference and discussion is what makes things interesting. I am in the lonely camp of not attacking the asian competitors per se but rather pointing out their disadvantages when is deserved. Toyota and Honda have played the unintended role of catalyst in the improvement process of the domestic product.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
You mean wingsnut?

BTW, what does your name mean?
My Name means Pharaoh Nebkheperure Tutankhamun, King of the Nile, God of Antiquity, Eternal Ruler of Egypt and Sovereign over fomoconew.com

1 - 20 of 40 Posts