161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like it, elegant, yet simple.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
2015 Navigator Production Start date is July 14, 2014. Which means we should have full 4th quarter sales(Oct/Nov/Dec) results for the 2015 Navigator.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Come on, it takes a lot of "risk" and "cost" to add DI to your same old push rod V8 architecture.
Almost as much as slapping a solid axle out of your workhorse truck, and calling it top shelf luxury.
The cost of manufacturing a push rod engine is lower than OHC engines, but the cost of developing them to modern standards won't vary greatly. GM certainly has taken a pig headed approach to engines, but I've not noticed a great deal of complaint among those Cadillac owners/reviewers. Lets not pretend GM is still putting out late 60's small blocks.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I am actually fine with OHV engines from GM. I am however not OK with them not bothering with adding an IRS in their premium vehicles.
I'll email them and let them know they're being frowned upon!! :thumb:

The next question is why does the Escalade outsell the Navigator by such a large margin if it's such an inferior vehicle? I don't believe this particular segment of the premium market is as concerned as you are. Nobody is going to take these trucks to a track day (unless its used to pull the track car) and over the past couple generations GM full size trucks have been reviewed as the best riding vehicles in their class.

As you're fond of pointing out, invest where its going to matter, and for GM the lack of an IRS simply doesn't matter. Maybe if the next all new Navigator is a home run and takes back it's territory then they'll change, but until somebody gives them a reason why change?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
SP1966,

You are one of the few who truly understand the absolute folly in a certain posters anti Cadillac rants as if they alone will make Lincoln notable.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Just so I can keep this straight, saying a negative word or two about GM's comparative products is a no-no in this Ford site......but trashing all things Ford and Lincoln is encouraged.

Give a shout when my anti GM remarks, which are always to the contrary of the negative FoMoCo remarks only, are anywhere near as annoying as what germ does here 20 times a day.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Just so I can keep this straight, saying a negative word or two about GM's comparative products is a no-no in this Ford site......but trashing all things Ford and Lincoln is encouraged.

Give a shout when my anti GM remarks, which are always to the contrary of the negative FoMoCo remarks only, are anywhere near as annoying as what germ does here 20 times a day.
Paging Wings, you're shout out is ready!

161 - 178 of 178 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.