Ford Inside News banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Fair enough, Wings.

Just a few other comments about what I'm thinking on this topic (not an attempt to argue with you):

Speaking (writing?) as a 3-time buyer who is at least inclined to stick with Lincoln when my Z's lease expires (June '16), I want to see genuinely compelling Lincoln cars in the showrooms. I really look forward to seeing Lincolns that are distinctive and "distinctly Lincoln" vehicles.

I would give my left you-know-what for a modern-day version of the Continental Mark III (or IV or V or...) but only if it is truly, truly worthy of the "Continental Mark something" designation. I have lusted after one of those since my days in Junior High in the late '60s when I rode in one periodically (there's a story there).

I tire of the "warmed over/rebadged Ford" comments I see in the automotive press about Lincoln, an accusation that had some basis in reality with a lot of Lincolns in the past, but becoming notably less true, in my view, I'm pleased to say.

Thank you very much for your dedication to Ford and Lincoln as well as your informed insight.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Fair enough, Wings.

Just a few other comments about what I'm thinking on this topic (not an attempt to argue with you):

Speaking (writing?) as a 3-time buyer who is at least inclined to stick with Lincoln when my Z's lease expires (June '16), I want to see genuinely compelling Lincoln cars in the showrooms. I really look forward to seeing Lincolns that are distinctive and "distinctly Lincoln" vehicles.

I would give my left you-know-what for a modern-day version of the Continental Mark III (or IV or V or...) but only if it is truly, truly worthy of the "Continental Mark something" designation. I have lusted after one of those since my days in Junior High in the late '60s when I rode in one periodically (there's a story there).

I tire of the "warmed over/rebadged Ford" comments I see in the automotive press about Lincoln, an accusation that had some basis in reality with a lot of Lincolns in the past, but becoming notably less true, in my view, I'm pleased to say.

Thank you very much for your dedication to Ford and Lincoln as well as your informed insight.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thank you for the words poke. It is informed yet positive fans like yourself that helps promote a Ford site like this, also raising the overall positive good will, as does a rising tide to all things. I am happy to do my part as well, often at the risk of sounding extreme, according to some.

And congrats on your Z lease, assuming as much, due back in about 21 months. By then we can all expect a much different Lincoln with a much clearer vision of it's future as well.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Like I said before, FORD, has been leading in many areas for the last few year, LINCOLN has been doing the exact opposite, being almost dead last in every lux area.
Mkt and updates = update of a trash exterior leaves you with a trash exterior
MKS and updates= updates of a too tall too small on the inside leaves you with too small too tall
Navigator= update of a update of another update....and Both of those vehicles ride on platforms that date back to 1998 or earlier
....like who would even mention these things when being in a argument, it like you are just handing me over free ammo.
Lincoln, since the ls, has did almost NOTHING, the mkz and mkc are changing the trend but let's not act like we don't Know the truth. Ford has came a long way especially considering that the mustang was being smacked for about 15 straight years in the performance arena, and the f150 severely lagged behind the comps engines too, Lincoln has done NOTHING, BECAUSE Lincoln has been nothing, no product team development team etc, they have had Ford brass who made "left over/tag alone" decisions for them so lets call it what it is and not pretend anymore. With that being said, can we pleases see BL and for once some class leading tech/engines/trannies from Lincoln...

41 - 43 of 43 Posts