Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official FordInsideNews Spy Pays Blue Oval a Visit!

Hi guys I have a job interview coming up tomorrow for a small warehouse but I figured I'd go to Ford Country a day earlier than i had planned to see what was there. It was busy but no sign of the Flex Titaniums I was looking for though oh well I did get some consolation prizes enjoy

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: GMfan1111 pays the blue oval a little visit

A camoed Kuga running around Dearborn interests me alot...
me too even though the camo is limited to the front only it does raise some questions I saw one other Kuga in a lot nearby that was the same color and on the front it did appear to have the same odd front camo so something is up but what i cannot comprehend

·
Registered
235 Posts

The Kuga could be an engineering piece running a current body. Most rumors say that the next Kuga & Escape will be one & the same. Ecoboost 4-cylinder anyone?

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts

Wait...think back to when you saw it Gmfan...did it have a plug-like feature where the Blue oval would be. It looks like something is tapped behind it. Maybe a cheap camoed way to cover up a electric plug. If the Focus is going electric, then maybe the Kuga?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

hmm it did seem to look like a plug but I didn't really get a good look at that area so i cannot put my absolute word on it. It could be a plug but if it is an electric tester then why the dual pipes (most electrics do not need exhaust pipes with the exception of extended range vehicles). The one thing we do know is that it is not a normal Kuga based on the front camo but exactly what it is is anyone guess

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts

hmm it did seem to look like a plug but I didn't really get a good look at that area so i cannot put my absolute word on it. It could be a plug but if it is an electric tester then why the dual pipes (most electrics do not need exhaust pipes with the exception of extended range vehicles). The one thing we do know is that it is not a normal Kuga based on the front camo but exactly what it is is anyone guess
Well, if its just a mule for an electric, they probably wouldnt bother to remove them. Also they sometimes leave them on nonetheless. If you look at the TC electric shown in the official pics, it still has an exhaust.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

that could be it then maybe it's a mule for some sort of electric setup ala TC but IMO though I'm kind of leaning towards the 4 cylinder EB theory since other than the sparse bit of front camo it looks like a normal Kuga though it did have computer equipment in it probably for all the sensors

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I think the Fiesta looks really hot in that shot. Also, I did not know we would still be getting a new Ranger.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
That Ranger is such a tease

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The Ford badge on the front grille of the Kuga is where one opens the front hood/bonnet with the ignition key. As you can see in the picture the badge was not put back in its proper position

·
Registered
1 Posts
Notice the twin exhausts don't fit in the original round housings in the bumper. I strongly believe it is a powertrain mule testing the ecoboost I4.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
good catch, Notice also the truck has a tacked on body that does not fit the frame.
Notice the twin exhausts don't fit in the original round housings in the bumper. I strongly believe it is a powertrain mule testing the ecoboost I4.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great stuff, Gmfan!!!!
&

since the KuGa we're getting will be nextgen, it doesn't move me much - yet
but
OOOoooooooooooohhh that Ranger

If they don't bring it here, rubbing it in our spycams is just cruel :p:cool:
thanks 2b2 and I do hope they bring the ranger here it would be a dumb move IMO if they didn't especially since the current ranger has gone through several decades without a MCE

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
thanks 2b2 and I do hope they bring the ranger here it would be a dumb move IMO if they didn't especially since the current ranger has gone through several decades without a MCE
Best part is it still sells decently too... so lets get a move on ford!!!

Id love to see the new 2.5 go in the ranger with an ecoboost as an option.

Once I start my new job full time and I get settled in working full time again, I'd love to pick up a 2nd vehicle for work and such... (this way I keep the Lincoln clean ;) ) and I would love to get a Ranger. I am willing to wait if Ford comes out with a new one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Id love to see the new 2.5 go in the ranger with an ecoboost as an option.

Once I start my new job full time and I get settled in working full time again, I'd love to pick up a 2nd vehicle for work and such... (this way I keep the Lincoln clean ;) ) and I would love to get a Ranger. I am willing to wait if Ford comes out with a new one.
Ford's last "official" word is the "global" Ranger will not be on this continent (so much for the term "global"). Yet, Ford could easily say one thing & then do another. Since the global Ranger redesign came out a year or 2 ago, the camo should not be necessary for markets outside of the US. Maybe Ford is playing coy with us. I'll admit that I like the Ranger, but it's still too small for me. The F150 is a bit too large for me. Since shrinking the F150 down just won't happen, the Ranger does need to grow. The Ecoboost I4 would definitely make a strong seller.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Ford's last "official" word is the "global" Ranger will not be on this continent (so much for the term "global"). Yet, Ford could easily say one thing & then do another. Since the global Ranger redesign came out a year or 2 ago, the camo should not be necessary for markets outside of the US. Maybe Ford is playing coy with us. I'll admit that I like the Ranger, but it's still too small for me. The F150 is a bit too large for me. Since shrinking the F150 down just won't happen, the Ranger does need to grow. The Ecoboost I4 would definitely make a strong seller.
See this is why I wish they would keep the Ranger the way it is and maybe have an F100 in between. The Ranger now is the perfect size for me I do not need anything bigger than that. A F-100 with the 2.0 EB and maybe a V-6, (3.0? or 3.5?) option would be next up since the Ranger does not need a 6. Perhaps the Ranger could get a small diesel to compete with the Mahindra truck that is coming? Then the base F-150 with the 3.7 V-6 then Ecoboost V-6 and then the 5.0

It may seem like overlap but it could work there is a pretty large gap between the current ranger and base F-150. Hence why they had the Explorer Sport Trac...

I have a feeling that small pickups are going to start making a come back. That Mahindra truck may seem silly cause its an Indian truck but think about it, someone who wants a small truck and get good fuel economy and capability is not that crazy sounding. I do not think Ford should abandon the small truck market

1 - 20 of 27 Posts