Ford Inside News banner

Official: Rivian to Build Electric Lincoln SUV for Ford

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  wingsnut 
#1 ·
https://www.motortrend.com/news/official-rivian-building-lincoln-luxury-ev-suv-ford/

We kinda saw the rumors for this over the past year or so but now it's official.

Something else from this article though:
"Meanwhile, Lincoln will stop making the MKZ sedan at the end of the year at the Hermosillo, Mexico, assembly plant, which will be retooled to make the next-generation Transit Connect small commercial van."

This is disappointing my MKZ is now at 72k miles I will probably be replacing it next year and was hoping for a new Z or what ever name it would get and hoping it would go to CD6. Sedans still have a place in the luxury market and I am just not a crossover guy. I can probably get a left over or CPO again guess I will have to see when I get to that bridge.

#4 ·
My thoughts exactly, this will be a new Continental, >$$$, limited volume flagship, hopefully with coach doors!

I'm excited to hear them use the Continental name on this but hopefully they don't call it the "Continental Mark E" though! (aka like Mustang Mach E) :-(

The Lincoln Navicross concept from years back comes to mind, a cross between a sedan and crossover...who knows, but its very exciting to hear Lincoln going in this direction!

#9 ·
@Andrew L I always appreciate the sedan form factor because they look great and they usually handle well. I do hope Lincoln follows up on the Aviator based "Zephyr" because that would be something to see. I would love to see sedans evolve by keeping their shape, but losing their weaknesses. I've made several examples of that on my Behance page.

https://www.behance.net/niharmazum2245

#10 ·
#14 ·
I guess some don't bother to read the articles, and would rather just provoke arguments.
Yes, there was a huge drop in sedan sales at Lincoln. Do we really have to prove the obvious???

And LOL at "high risk game".
Tell me again how not investing billions in a dying segment is a risk? Especially a segment that is barely profitable?

But that's the point, you can't.

Volume without profit = wasted capital

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.