Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been an interesting two weeks which tested the patience of my Lincoln dealership.

I currently am leasing a Ruby Red 2013 Cadillac SRX. That lease is up in a few months.

Stopped in at my local Lincoln dealership two weeks ago to start talking price on a 2016 MKX lease.

I wanted a loaded vehicle. That's with Ecoboost, Reserve Group, Climate/Technology and Luxury Packages, Security and 22-way seat adjust.

I have been in and out of the dealership, changing my mind about options almost on a daily basis.

Just over the past two days I changed my mind 3 times on exterior color alone.

Today I placed my final order:

Exterior: Platinum Dune
Interion: Ebony

Originally I wanted Ruby Red, but I have owned a red vehicle for years. I then wanted Black. However, a friend advised me he had a black vehicle and would never get another because it was so difficult to keep clean.

The Platinum Dune is nearly $700 extra. However, my dealership is anticipating lease incentives to kick in when my car is delivered in 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congrats welcome to the Lincoln club. Be sure to post pics when you get it! I had a Cashmere Lincoln LS that was a huge PITA to keep clean so white is just as difficult.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew,

Thanks so much for the welcome. I am really looking forward to joining discussions with this group over the upcoming weeks.

As for the Platinum Dune I chose....

You think that will be just as difficult to keep clean?

I just didn't want to go back to RED. And really, I felt the Platinum Dune looked very classy -- especially with Ebony seats.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Is platinum dune kind of a gold color? If so, it should be much easier to keep clean than black.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are there a lot of people buying the new MKX? It seems like based on the experiences of people on this forum alone that the new MKX is extremely successful, which is kind of odd considering that there have been no press days or a national advertising campaign yet. Maybe they're just trying to clear out 2015 inventory first.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is platinum dune kind of a gold color? If so, it should be much easier to keep clean than black.
Yes. It is a light gold color.

And, yes, Lincoln has been kind of low-key about promoting their 2016 MKX. However, it is my understanding the vehicle is selling like hotcakes (if you will excuse that expression)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

And, yes, Lincoln has been kind of low-key about promoting their 2016 MKX. However, it is my understanding the vehicle is selling like hotcakes (if you will excuse that expression)
That may be better. I did a google search and I thought it was like a pearl white color. Just speaking from experience and white was a huge PITA, really pretty to look at though when all clean.

Edit: here is a closeup of Cashmere just to compare

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

If they're selling that well, it's probably a matter of trying to get the 2015 models off the lot (or even 2014 models for some dealerships).

It's great news for Lincoln though!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they're selling that well, it's probably a matter of trying to get the 2015 models off the lot (or even 2014 models for some dealerships).

It's great news for Lincoln though!

Yeah, it is my understanding the Lincoln hasn't even transferred 2015 incentives over to 2016 vehicles as of yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That may be better. I did a google search and I thought it was like a pearl white color. Just speaking from experience and white was a huge PITA, really pretty to look at though when all clean.

Really appreciate you checking out that color in order to give me an opinion on how difficult it would be to keep clean.

It's odd. Platinum Dune is not a macho color. However, there was a Platinum Dune MKZ in the showroom this morning and it looked very "classy". With an ebony interior I think the contrast will look exceptional.

Would like others to give their honest opinion of the color (even if they hate it). It's $700 to upgrade to that color so I am guessing there won't be many out on the road.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Really appreciate you checking out that color in order to give me an opinion on how difficult it would be to keep clean.

It's odd. Platinum Dune is not a macho color. However, there was a Platinum Dune MKZ in the showroom this morning and it looked very "classy". With an ebony interior I think the contrast will look exceptional.

Would like others to give their honest opinion of the color (even if they hate it). It's $700 to upgrade to that color so I am guessing there won't be many out on the road.
I hear you on that. I wasn't sold on the color Ice Storm on my MKZ at first but after seeing it in person it has really grown on me and it isn't a very common color nor really that macho either but it works and looks classy in a 60s Continental way.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome to forum. Glad to have you. Congratulations on the new Lincoln. Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thomas, thank you. Really nice bunch of people here. Happy that my 3-year investment also includes visits to this forum.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful vehicle! Please don't hold back on the pictures when you get it. :thumb:

I noticed you wanted a loaded vehicle; why didn't you go for the Black Label?

·
Registered
500 Posts

Be confident in your color choice, it's gonna look great; "Silver" (and related) are probably the easiest colors to keep clean.

My 1999 Sierra was pewter, which is basically silver with a brown tint to it, I had dark interior too.

Don't Worry (You'll) Be Happy!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats on a beautiful vehicle! Please don't hold back on the pictures when you get it. :thumb:

I noticed you wanted a loaded vehicle; why didn't you go for the Black Label?

Isn't the Black Label more expensive to begin with than the basic models? I know in order just to look at them on the web page you have to create an account and I think you get set up with a personal concierge who comes to your home, shows you colors and specs, takes your sister out on a date and so on...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Fantastic choice!! Please do submit a first impressions post after you've had a few days behind the wheel! Can't wait to hear your comments on the new ride. Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I probably should not get black because it drives me crazy, especially in the winter. But when it's clean, as it often is on my car, it looks striking and very appropriate for a Lincoln. Chrome and Black is the best combination IMO, classic and sleek.

I'm not sure why it looks like everybody is buying MKXs around here, I thought I would be the first, ha! In reality it's still a small population relative to the car buying public. I'm hunting inventory daily so I know they aren't flying off shelves right now, they are very expensive to lease at the moment.

I saw a recent Lincoln ad promoting the MKC, MKZ, and Navigator...and at the end it says something along the lines "get a preview of the new midsize crossover utility MKX" and a red MKX sneaks into pack of white Lincoln's driving down the beech. So they are starting to promote it but clearly not full-on yet. My guess is no big advertising until September.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Isn't the Black Label more expensive to begin with than the basic models? I know in order just to look at them on the web page you have to create an account and I think you get set up with a personal concierge who comes to your home, shows you colors and specs, takes your sister out on a date and so on...
The Black Label configurator is available online; BL MKXs come with the luxury package items standard (LED lights and Revel Ultima.) You can build and price one on the website to give you an idea of pricing. There is even a brochure to download I believe. There is another thread about the BL minisite. If you are close to a black label dealer, it is something to consider possibly and you will have a greater range of exterior/interior options. The pricing is probably not as far out there as people were expecting. Here in Canada, we have no BL support yet so it wasn't an option.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts