Ford Inside News banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
oh swell - you saw that and commented already

those I posted (& deleted asap) are for THIS year - the stuff we already know about.
I was thinking, due to some odd-imho phrasing, that those were next year dates

it's normal for full details to be unknown until around the Job1 date
Yeah, I'm very quick when it comes to new info..:thumb:

So I guess we will see detailed information in about a month or so. I wasn't aware that it usually takes that long because I was under the impression that Lincoln would basically tell their potential customers what they would get when placing an order. On the other hand, it could also be that demand will be high enough already - even without that info.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
...I was under the impression that Lincoln would basically tell their potential customers what they would get when placing an order...
yup - that's what they do
except
you can't place a real order yet

the OrderBook opening & OrderGuide coming out & Job1 are pretty much simultaneous

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yup - that's what they do
except
you can't place a real order yet

the OrderBook opening & OrderGuide coming out & Job1 are pretty much simultaneous
I didn't know that orders couldn't be placed yet. I just recall several articles stating "dealers taking orders" and have seen several order-guides online. That's where I discovered the available Aluminum-trim (which is not mentioned at all on Lincoln's homepage) and the sad fact that pano-roof and rear-sunshade couldn't be combined.......sooo I was under the impression that dealers would already be accepting orders.

But in the end, it's only a matter of a few weeks until production starts and I really don't know why they don't show more of the MKZ's interior and features.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
...I just recall several articles stating "dealers taking orders"
and have seen several order-guides online...
dealers can take a customer's money for a "pre-order" but that doesn't really mean anything afaik, except to lock-in the customer emotionally...
&
please PM me where you saw Z OG's (.pdf's) or just post/attach them!
it's been very hard to find ANY Lincoln OG's

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
dealers can take a customer's money for a "pre-order" but that doesn't really mean anything afaik, except to lock-in the customer emotionally...
&
please PM me where you saw Z OG's (.pdf's) or just post/attach them!
it's been very hard to find ANY Lincoln OG's
This is the one I posted about a month ago in the "2013 Lincoln MkZ Officially Priced"-thread:

http://www.lotpro.com/cars/2013/lincoln/mkz/options/

Here are some additional configurators:

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2013/lincoln/mkz/packages_options.html
http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/lincoln/mkz/2013/lincoln-mkz/price#features

I haven't seen any .pdf yet, but based on the several sources I found online, options (including option-codes and pricing) have already been published. It's interesting that these configurators are more detailed than what Lincoln has on their own website.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
TY, LincolnFanFl

kinda wonder how those sites are making their info - guess from the preliminary configurator on Lincoln.com
You're welcome, 2b2!:thumb:

I also thought they would just copy the info from the configurator - but the Aluminium-Trim option tells me that they must have a different source because they aren't mentioned on the Lincoln-configurator. Same applies to the specific order-codes (XXX) some of them show.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Y'all!
I'm still looking for the MY2013 MKX, MKZ or Navigator Order Guides.
Anyone have a heads up on when those should be out?
Thanks!
M:)

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Hey Y'all!
I'm still looking for the MY2013 MKX, MKZ or Navigator Order Guides.
Anyone have a heads up on when those should be out?
Thanks!
M:)
Did you mean 2014? If not, you can go to Lincoln.com to build and price the model(s) you want.

The order guides are already out. I'm not the one who posts them on the site, though.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
2016 Fusion Production Start Date: 4/6/15. 2015 production start was 6/16/14. Which means the 2015 Fusion will have a short 10 month model year. Which also indicates something big is coming. 2016 will be time for a refresh. I expect the hybrid to get an mpg boost. This would also be a good time for Ford to extend the EV range from 19 to 25+ to better compete with the new 2016 Volt coming with 45+ EV miles. I also expect to see the LED lighting from the Mondeo come to the Fusion, along with more safety tech.

2016 MKZ Production Start Date: 4/6/15. 2015 MKZ had a later 7/21/14 productions start date. Which means it will have an even shorter 9 months model year. Could this be when Black Label actually makes an appearance for the MKZ? I expect the touch sensitive controls on the console to go away. Along with more safety tech from Europe coming to the Z. With just two more years left before the all new MKZ is launched, could Lincoln offer an Energi model? Don't think that will happen until next gen MY2019 with all new Lincoln platform. But I do expect the hybrid to get a mpg boost.

2016 Explorer Production Start Date: 4/20/15.

2015 Edge Production Start Date: 1/19/15

No Production Start Date for 2016 MKX yet. But, 2015 MKX Final Orders Due: 8/29/14. Initial 2016 Order Acceptance is generally 1 to 3 months before final order due date. 2015 Edge Order Acceptance was 10/13/14. So expect dealers are taking orders for the 2016 MKX now.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
2016 Fusion Production Start Date: 4/6/15. 2015 production start was 6/16/14. Which means the 2015 Fusion will have a short 10 month model year. Which also indicates something big is coming. 2016 will be time for a refresh. I expect the hybrid to get an mpg boost. This would also be a good time for Ford to extend the EV range from 19 to 25+ to better compete with the new 2016 Volt coming with 45+ EV miles. I also expect to see the LED lighting from the Mondeo come to the Fusion, along with more safety tech.

2016 MKZ Production Start Date: 4/6/15. 2015 MKZ had a later 7/21/14 productions start date. Which means it will have an even shorter 9 months model year. Could this be when Black Label actually makes an appearance for the MKZ? I expect the touch sensitive controls on the console to go away. Along with more safety tech from Europe coming to the Z. With just two more years left before the all new MKZ is launched, could Lincoln offer an Energi model? Don't think that will happen until next gen MY2019 with all new Lincoln platform. But I do expect the hybrid to get a mpg boost.

2016 Explorer Production Start Date: 4/20/15.

2015 Edge Production Start Date: 1/19/15

No Production Start Date for 2016 MKX yet. But, 2015 MKX Final Orders Due: 8/29/14. Initial 2016 Order Acceptance is generally 1 to 3 months before final order due date. 2015 Edge Order Acceptance was 10/13/14. So expect dealers are taking orders for the 2016 MKX now.
thanks for the info Bloggin
BTW, they can take orders of the X even if Lincoln hasn´t show it yet?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts