Ford Inside News banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
My feeling is, if most or all of the points that a customer sees or touches are new...then it is a new generation.

The 2000 Taurus thus is a new generation from the 1996-1999, the 2008 Escape is different from the 2001. But I still consider the 2010 Fusion to be "merely" a significant update of the 2006.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
^&^^ yeah, "just" an MCE

according to a getting-older online document,
the next big update for Focus is Q1 2017 Job1
which
per OneFord practices, should be a new tophat not a really new platform afaik
edit: I've frequently had problems with FoMoCo's "generations", ex: orig Taurus;
and these tophats will make it More confusing for me ...but s'OK
This does offer a clear timeline for next gen vehicles.

2014 Lincoln MKC - 3Q 2013 - on track with Oct production start date
2015 Edge - 3Q 2014
2016 Taurus - 3Q 2015
2016 Explorer - 3Q 2015

2018 Focus - 1Q 2017
2018 Escape - 3Q 2017
2018 MKZ - 3Q 2017

2019 Fusion - 3Q 2018

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Any word on the Order Guide for the 2014 Focus Electric? Hopefully Ford is adding a lower price/trim level like the Fusion S Hybrid. Along with a heated steering wheel and the Combo Charger. A faster 10w onboard charger over the current 6.6w would give Ford an edge while the Combo Charging network is building out.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Any word on the Order Guide for the 2014 Focus Electric? Hopefully Ford is adding a lower price/trim level like the Fusion S Hybrid. Along with a heated steering wheel and the Combo Charger. A faster 10w onboard charger over the current 6.6w would give Ford an edge while the Combo Charging network is building out.
I haven't seen an order guide, but from what I've heard there are no changes to the 2014 Focus Electric. It would be nice if Ford would go after the same market as the Leaf, but they seem more content selling hybrids than the all electric Focus.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
I haven't seen an order guide, but from what I've heard there are no changes to the 2014 Focus Electric. It would be nice if Ford would go after the same market as the Leaf, but they seem more content selling hybrids than the all electric Focus.
With the 2014 Focus launched on the Ford website, the only change I can see is that for the 2014 Focus Electric, the lb-ft torque went from 184 down to 181, which means we could see a slight range increase. Also the time to charge is TBD. For 2013 it was 3-4 Hours where improvements in battery software could allow for a faster charge time.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
The launch date for the 2014 Focus Electric is July 15/next Tuesday, but still no order guide. Curious mainly because Ford was to offer a vehicle in 2014 with the new SAE Combo Charger like GM and BMW agreed to. It's coming late in the 2014 model year for the Spark EV, so hoping Ford will be doing the same with the 2014 Focus Electric . Ford is holding it for a reason, so there must be something brewing.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
UPDATE 2014 Fusion
OH GREAT! Heated/Cooled Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Inflatable Rear Seat Belts! Less and less of a reason to buy an MKZ!!!

WHY does a FORD need a heating steering wheel????

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
IceCapades
posted a BUNCH of order restriction @ BON
since you don't have to be a member to see them, I'm just mentioning:

Darkside (BT) & Sunset (D7) NOT Buildable at FlatRock
If I am reading the linked message right, Fusion production will start at week 33(August 12) at Flat Rock with retail orders. Which means inventory should hit dealers in September from both plants.

It also sounds like with more production capacity, Ford is able to get more 'base' lower trim/priced S and SE models at dealers, and Ford can offer the $199/mo and under lease deals. And dealers can sell the technology as options as needed. Unlike now where a large percentage have options added that the custom may not want, that jack up the cost.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I am reading the linked message right, Fusion production will start at week 33(August 12) at Flat Rock with retail orders. Which means inventory should hit dealers in September from both plants.

It also sounds like with more production capacity, Ford is able to get more 'base' lower trim/priced S and SE models at dealers, and Ford can offer the $199/mo and under lease deals. And dealers can sell the technology as options as needed. Unlike now where a large percentage have options added that the custom may not want, that jack up the cost.
Sounds good for dealer stock then. Also as I read it:

"Scheduling Restrictions for Week 33 at FRAP during System Fill:

• Only stock orders are eligible to schedule until the OKTB is achieved."

So this would mean that no retail orders of the Fusion from FRAP will be scheduled till the OKTB has come from the plant, so that could delay the retail orders being produced for at least several weeks until all the production kinks are worked out correct? I'm just guessing it may take a little while to get the OKTB since the factory has never produced the car. I could be way off though.

Mine is a Sunset car and is now in the system waiting for scheduling, so I'm hoping for a quick OKTB to come from the Hermosillo plant for retail orders to start to be scheduled after the week 29 start for that plant.

It will be great for FRAP to come online to help with volume, but as also stated:

"Note: Only 2 Fusion configurations are being built at FRAP. They are the S Series (P0G) & the FWD SE (P0H)

with a 1.5L Engine."

So it looks like all Titaniums will come from Hermosillo no matter what as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MY 2014 FORD C_MAX Upda

It annoys me to no end that Ford insists on Bundling and Packaging the ordering of a Sirius/XM Satellite Radio with a bunch of Garbage that many don`t need or want. I understand, listing dozens of separate stand along options would slow Production and make Special Ordering a nightmare, however, in the case of wanting to upgrade to Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, why must you also get SYNC and MFT, "My Ford Touch". I personally would prefer paying (extra) to avoid those 2 nuisances! If you don`t desire "Voice Activation" Blue Tooth Cell Connectivity, MP3 Plug in Music Files, iPhone or MicroSoft Pandora and getting constant Software Updates for MFT 3.5, what`s next? Even Hyundai and Kia offer as Standard Equipment Sirius/XM Satellite Radio with a free complimentary Subscription, even on their cheapest Accent and Rio, respectively! How much additional cost to include the Satellite Software into the Standard Radio? I am not talking about upgrading to a Sony, Bose, or Infinity Sound Systems and Speakers! Most of Ford`s Canadian Spec Vehicles included Sirius/XM as Standard Equipment in the past including my 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback. So, your choice is, purchase option package #202 on a 2013/2014 C-MAX and have Sync and MFT rammed down your throat along with the Sirius/XM radio or purchase an after market Sirius/XM Module and clip it on your HVAC Vents. That should look lovely, eh?

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
This does offer a clear timeline for next gen vehicles.

2014 Lincoln MKC - 3Q 2013 - on track with Oct production start date
2015 Edge - 3Q 2014
2016 Taurus - 3Q 2015
2016 Explorer - 3Q 2015

2018 Focus - 1Q 2017
2018 Escape - 3Q 2017
2018 MKZ - 3Q 2017

2019 Fusion - 3Q 2018
MKC seems to be on track. It was reported that 24 units were produced at the Lewisville Plant in Oct. Which was a month before it's production reveal. Which means we will see the production version of the Edge next year at the LA Auto Show in Nov as well. Which also means we should see the Concept of the 2016 Taurus and Explorer in January at the Detroit show. Would Ford dare do two concepts at the same show? If not, the Taurus is in more need of attention than the Explorer that's doing very well.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts