·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5/19/2013 re-loaded the L-M OGs that I still have: posts #59 & 60

-----------------------------------------------

starting this thread for all/any 2009 Order Guides

much MUCH THANKS to our FML members

who are invited to Add-On :) or send others to Ndwariga for inclusion.

below are attachments for
2009 Mercury Mariner - update in post#3
2009 Mercury Milan
2009 Lincoln MKZ
and
the new 2009 Lincoln MKS

>> see post #3 for all others that are available

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OrderGuides: F-M-L 2009 (cont.)

below are attachments for
2009 Ford Fusion
2009 Ford Escape
and
2009 Ford Mustang

edit:
links to other Guides later in this thread or in other threads
FORD.......................................
2009 FOCUS - post #41
2009 Flex
2009 Taurus (sedan)
2009 Taurus-X
2009 Expedition
2009 F-150 NOTE: delayed start - Aug11 K.C. truck. & ~Sept~ (was July23) Dearborn truck
2009 E-series
June21
2009 Explorer in post#53
2009 SportTrac also in post#53
2009 SuperDuty F-350 in post#54
July13
2009 RANGER in post#64
NEW - July28
2009 Edge in post#67

MERCURY.......................................
UPDATED Mariner attached below from this thread
2009 Mountaineer
2009 GrandMarquis
2009 Sable
all in post#59

also Milan or above in post#1

LINCOLN.......................................
2009 TownCar
2009 Navigator
2009 MKS
2009 MKX
all in post#60

2009 MKZ in post#1

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
For some reason the 09 Milan guide wont work for me but all the others do....thanks anyway...cant wait to see the 09 Focus and what updates they put on the thing to keep sales through the roof!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi FR!

imho some of the exciting news are the special interiors the Fusion, Milan, & MKZ are getting (think mentioned in the MKZ-Questions thread) so in total Fusion gets six (6! if reading it right), Milan 5, & MKZ 4. ...edit: both Mercurys have Voga versions! which are on Top of Premier trim!
&
For some reason the 09 Milan guide wont work for me but all the others do....thanks anyway...cant wait to see the 09 Focus and what updates they put on the thing to keep sales through the roof!
I tried it just now, DS, and it worked for me - maybe try again?
and PM me if you still can't get it.
Hopefully we'll get the Focus O.G. soon.

& the real thanks goes to our FML members for providing the 'goods' :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
FINALLY stability control available on the Fusion et al.- should have been available a couple of years ago (esp. on the MKZ) but better late than never.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
If they want to decrease the complexity of ordering cars, they will soon have to have 3 models of each car, with the basic car just for price advertising, the middle one with the general options, and a high end with all the options standard. Maybe adding a tag name to the high end like Mercury does with the Voga will get more people to buy a Focus or Fusion. I still remember my Dad's Granada Ghia.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ / OT
a bunch of snap'n'lock dealer-installable stuff would eliminate the/some need for trim-levels
(HID's Nav Soundsystems swappable-decor-trims wheel-boutique...)
and boost after-sale upgrades
(which Ford's coming customization website may lead to)

factory differences should be only the built-ins
drivetrains moonroofs paint

even upholstery/carpet could be changed after the fact

& crossreferencing:
since the '09 Focus REVEAL is less than 2 weeks away, hopefully its O.G. will appear soon

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
2B2,
I have a bit of a hard time reading your posts.
Maybe it is due to the fact that I am over 40, and have never needed to text message my friends.
Are you saying that dealers should handle all options that are unrelated to the powertrain? That could be a real fiasco, as the quality of the work would be dependant on the capability of the dealers, yet reflect directly on Ford. Would other dealers be responsible for dealer installed defects if you moved to another state?
I think Ford could profit by introducing a premium option to all their cars, similar to, but even more unique than what they did with the Eddie Baur name and the trucks a few years back.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Order Guides for '09 Grand Marquis, Town Car & Navigator available

Much THANKS, LMdealer!!!

so judging from the lack of mechanical changes, guess the Panthers are going 'quietly into the night' :(
2 questions tho
- will the No Stock rule apply to Florida or other markets that have had high retail sales of the GrandMarquis?
- on the last page the wheelbase is listed as 114.6; I've usually seen 114.7 - anything change?
&
one wish/suggestion
that they'd still come up with a VOGA Pkg
even if they had to borrow the black dash/interior-panels from the TC
& Even if they lost a few buck$ on it - just to have a consistent product-mix/plan/message for all Merc models

&
the 2 monochrome packages for the Navi sound great
...'course I'd probably want the Stone+black piping from the LtdEdition but without the upper chrome grille trim

ps to LogansRun
Will see if I can use more formal English more of the time
btw (by the way) I've never 'texted' anybody anything
and to answer your question,
if optional systems were designed and built to be easily swapped
I believe that could eliminate most quality and warranty woes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NICE POST the order bank for the f150 was supposed to open today so anyone have the order guide for that????????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have they changed the front seats from 50/50 to 40/20/40? It says the front armrests have cupholders. The 50/50 dual comfort seat fold-down armrests haven't had cup holders in a few years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is what threw me, see page 3 of the guide:

INTERIOR
• Armrest – fold-down front seat center w/cupholders

This makes it sound like a single armrest with fold out cup holders. Now at one time (though not on mine) there were versions of the GMQ that had a flip out cup holder in each of the front arm rests. But not for a few years. It also lists the dash mounted pull-out cup holders and the rear seat cup holders. Could they have brought them back?

I wish they would use the dark pearl blue from the Town Car instead of that hideous Noresea Blue.

Now a question: Are fleet sales of the GMQ and TC so great that they really need to discourage retail sales? Sounds impossible, but....

·
Registered
30 Posts
A salesman I spoke with said that if I ordered one (this was last fall and I wanted tu-tone) that I would have to pay MSRP and get no rebate. Is this standard proceedure for ordered cars?

Also, can you order a non-listed color? Since all three are bulit in the same factory it would seem doable. I remember back in the 70s my parents ordered a Chevrolet with a specific tu-tone color combo.

Thanks very much for all your info.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting. I don't think the salesman was too interested. Maybe it was because I wanted white/silver tu-tone. I get all my service work done at my dealership - my regular mechanic is great as is the service desk staff. So I show up at the dealer every few months. Back in January I asked (a different saleman) if they could let me know when they get a tu-tone white/silver GMQ in (all my contact info is in their computer, they know where I buy and where I get service). He just looked at me and said "we don't stock them" and walked away. No customers in the showroom. When I got back to the garage the story gave the service guys a good laugh. Unlike the sales staff, all the service people know me well. I am not aggressive and don't fight with anyone unless I have to, and I certainly will not chase a salesman. I am not L-M's best customer (four new cars since 1984) but I am loyal to the service department.

That is why I hate when I have to buy a new car!

Oh well, thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts