Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sable is a perfect example of how Ford could differentiate Mercury from Ford. Blank out the rear quarter window (4 window sdn vs 6 window sdn) and put in full-width red taillamps.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
^ YUP >> old Montego chop - tho I'd use Milan-ish TL's instead of full width
&
I really *love* the new wheels for the Sable!!!
would have a hard time choosing
&
looks like Fomoco is consolidating their best paint colors (my idea ;))
but they gotta get a SteelBlue exclusively for Merc... ...they Gotta!
&
TY for the O.G., LMdealer!!!

ps-semi-related
I just made a page with Lyrics for MERCURY-songs!!! LINK
& links to Utube videos for the musical accompaniment

"I'd like to buy a Mercury..."
&
"...That's the way it is
- when you're driving a MERC
and the way it will stay
- for the drive of your Life..."

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Sable/Montego half-top is really quite classy. I also like the "formal" full top. I don't care for the standard full top, which is the one I see most on the road (it is the one that doesn't cover the door tops).

·
Registered
30 Posts
We currently have a new 2008 Grand Marquis LS in White with Smokestone Accent, Chrome Wheels and Stone Leather. It is a very attractive combination.
I was at the dealer this morning. The saleslady looked in the computer for a tu-tone GMQ and said there were none in the country. Is that possible?

·
Registered
120 Posts
So is this still all we have? I'm interested in seeing the '09 Explorer and Edge order guides if anyone has them? If not, do we have any idea when they might be available?

It seems these are the last 2 Ford order guides to come out. I've seen that JOB1 for the Edge is 9/2 but when is JOB1 for the Explorer?

Sorry for all the questions. Besides the Flex and the F-150 these are the 2 I'm most interested in replacing our '06 Explorer with come next Spring. So I'm really anxious to see what's new!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I had to go looking....
OLD INFO: '09my Explorer
June23- Unscheduled Order Bank opens & usually the O.G. comes out
July17- scheduling begins
Aug18 - Job1

so
the OrderGuide could be out this month
BUT
don't think these dates take into account the extended plant 'vacations'
LeftlaneNews < Link said Louisville is closing for 4 weeks on June 23 instead of the usual 2 weeks
the rumored July re-tooling announcement could happen first
& give us a better idea

don't have any Edge info other than Job1 (Sept2)
if it follows the Explorer's pattern, guess the O.G. will come out the first half of July
and since the Flex is built in Oakville too, wouldn't expect a long vacation

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had to go looking....
OLD INFO: '09my Explorer
June23- Unscheduled Order Bank opens & usually the O.G. comes out
July17- scheduling begins
Aug18 - Job1

so
the OrderGuide could be out this month
BUT
don't think these dates take into account the extended plant 'vacations'
LeftlaneNews < Link said Louisville is closing for 4 weeks on June 23 instead of the usual 2 weeks
the rumored July re-tooling announcement could happen first
& give us a better idea

don't have any Edge info other than Job1 (Sept2)
if it follows the Explorer's pattern, guess the O.G. will come out the first half of July
and since the Flex is built in Oakville too, wouldn't expect a long vacation
Thanks 2b2. USAToday says here that Oakville is getting a 3rd shift in the 3rd quarter so no vacations there.

What rumored July re-tooling of Louisville are you referring to? I was under the impression that the '09 Explorer would still be BOF. If you're telling me the Explorer America version is coming out in '09 I might fall out of my chair! :D

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
UPDATE
'09 Explorer & SportTrac added in post#53

Hi, Baggs32
Sorry my spacing made it look like the re-tooling was specifically about Louisville.
(tho I speculate that it'll be included in that)
& didn't mean any re-tooling starts in July - just that it will be announced.

To the best of my knowledge the '09MY Explorer is still BOF

There's a post with links showing why I believe the Explorer will move to both unibody AND Chicago next year
and has been an "open secret" since March
will get the link in a while so you can see if you agree. >edit> LINK

Today (reading between the lines) we 'found out' that the first-installment of the rumored 'general re-tooling' announcement will (probably) be part of the 2nd quarter results info presented in July - in the F-150 delay: thread link, Autoblog, Media.FORD.com
quote, "...Ford said it will provide more details on changes to its overall plan when it announces second-quarter financial results in July...."

I've tried to say ^this^ as neutrally as possible. Actually believe whole-heartedly that I'm right.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd like to see that all come true 2b2. Problem is, my Explorer lease is up in May of '09. I'll probably be contacted in Feb. so they can get me into another Ford (which is where I'm staying anyway) so I don't think the Explorer America derivative will be available for me. I still remain very excited about what Ford is doing though. I've been a Ford guy since I was a kid and I don't remember being this excited about what they are doing since the late 80's/early 90's. Before Jacques the Ripper took over.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well, you'll find out what LAIAS, NAIAS & the Chicago Autoshows reveal/announce by the time you're contacted & even NewYork before you have to decide...
I agree it's an exciting time (nerve-racking at the moment)
imho it's gonna be amazing next year :)
if 'we' (I'm including myself) can just get there

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer. Very nice vehicle....with a few minor problems...but definitely one of the best mid-sized SUVs out there. I reviewed the order guide. Anyone have any more info on the VOGA option? The order guide says the IP and window switches will have a unique finish? Will that be a woodgrain type finish or something else? I did go to mercuryvehicles.com to see what the options look like on Mariner.....still not clear. Also, will this be the last year for BOF Mountaineers? Will there be a 2010 Mountaineer? The options for 2009 aren't enough for me to want move to that model year. I can hold out until the 2010 model year....I would hope by then that Ford would add the rear view camera and power rear hatch as options. Also, I saw the order guide for the Explorer. I thought it strange that in the Explorer guide, the new anti sway option is listed under 'Powertrain/Functional' as Anti-sway control'. In the Mountaineer guide, it is listed under 'Upgraded Tow Package' as 'Anti-sway bar'. I thought the Anti-sway option was suppose to work w/ RSC. It sounds like that may be the case with Explorer, but not the Mountaineer. Is there a difference?

Thanks,
dusMerc

21 - 40 of 62 Posts