Ford Inside News banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Here's the 2011 Navigator Order Guide.
according to this the navi is getting all new wood trim... but on the website it hasnt been updated yet... I will have to keep an eye on that

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Could someone post the 2011 MKX order guide?

Also, I noticed that Ford is moving away from the Overhead Rear Seat DVD Entertainment system to the Invision Headrest DVD System. I know the Overhead system had its flaws with the huge blind spot created when the screen was folded down for viewing. However, the screen was protected when folded up and not in use. From the images I've seen of the DVD system in the headrest, I see no protection of the screen when not in use. Wouldn't one good accidental poke from the tip of an umbrella while entering rear seat or loading a long piece of stock/pipe render those units useless?

Thanks,
dusMerc
No 2011 MKX OG yet, dusMerc
but I'm told the new MKX is online at www.Lincoln.com
&
found a post today saying:
"OKTB" (OkToBuild) was scheduled for today. It did not happen. It is expected to happen tomorrow. Production always starts about a month before the initally scheduled OKTB. They are right on schedule. I'd imagine they will start trickling in over the next 4 weeks to dealerships.​
re: the video screens - imho they maybe-oughta be combined with fold-down trays like airliners, which would then protect the screens when "in an upright & locked position"

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I'm re-posting this in both the 2011 & 2012 OG threads
because so far the new Explorer is still being called a 2011 even tho it's coming out AFTER Jan 1 2011

2011 Ford Explorer: Winning Back Explorer Owners and Then Some - AutoObserver
October 20, 2010
By Michelle Krebs
"...the all-new, car-based 2011 Explorer, which goes into production in December and officially launches in early January..."

&

Explorer Launch Next Chapter

"...The official Explorer launch Jan. 11.

Michelle Krebs is Edmunds.com senior analyst and editor at large.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
2011 Explorer OrderGuide

really want to see what the 'Pecan' LIMITED LUXURY SEATING's Perforated Leather looks like

also
there's an Explorer 'Packaging Guide' over HERE
use the config. on ford's website.
TY for the suggestion, ausrutherford!!
but
I didn't find it in the BuildYours/Configurator but have a pic loading in the "Colors & 360"...
...hopefully it'll be done by after dinner :toetap: & I'll upload it here
I wonder if it's really that subtle? (actually enchanced the color a tad)
Autoblog has an Explorer first drive (LINK)
with 57 pix ... including a few of the Pecan Leather interior
LOOKING GOOD!

in larger versions we can see that the seat inserts have perforations

(ps
I won't double post this into the 2012 OG thread
the Pecan convo happened in this one anyway)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Were you ever able to find the order guide to the 2011 Taurus? I'm compiling a year by year list of changes on Taurus Club and that ordering guide would give me all I need to know.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
^ sorry, TaurusSHO
my hard drive died recently BUT I remember going through it thoroughly some months ago & would've posted anything found

you might try BlueOvalNews
tho not organized like these threads,
they used to have a "section" outside the forum itself, iirc reached from the main page,
that had a lot of archived OGs

of course if any FiN members have it OR can get/find it
please post!!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts