Subject: 07043 – Product Safety Recall
Reprogramming of Airbag Module

Models: 2007 GMC Acadia
2007 Saturn Outlook

To: All GMC Dealers and Saturn Retailers

Attention: Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty
Administrator

PRODUCT FIELD ACTION ANNOUNCEMENT

General Motors is announcing Product Safety Recall 07043 today. The total number of vehicles currently involved is 14,693. Please see the attached bulletin for details.

A list of involved vehicles currently in dealer/retailer inventory is attached. The list is sorted by dealer Business Associate Code/retailer Facility Code for easy reference. If your code is not listed, then none of the involved vehicles have been identified as being in your new vehicle inventory.

Mailing Information
Customer letter mailing will begin on February 22, 2007 for Saturn customers and February 28, 2007 for GMC customers.

GM Vehicle Inquiry System (GMVIS)
GMVIS information for inventory vehicles will be available on February 20, 2007.
GMVIS information for sold vehicles will be available the week of February 26, 2007.

Service Information System (SI)
Bulletin 07043 is scheduled to be available in SI on February 20, 2007.

Campaign Initiation Detail Report (CIDR)
The CIDR will be available in DealerWorld the week of February 26, 2007

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10947&hl=

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Murano is way too cheap inside. It almost looks like a toy car

·
Registered
56 Posts
Too bad for GM. The Edge is doing better in sales so far, but the GM and Ford crossovers haven't been on the market long enough for sales to mean much long-term. Based on sales in January, I bet the Edge will beat the Murano in sales.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too bad for GM. The Edge is doing better in sales so far, but the GM and Ford crossovers haven't been on the market long enough for sales to mean much long-term. Based on sales in January, I bet the Edge will beat the Murano in sales.
GM Twins are really great. I would lean towards a GMC outlook or Enclave, especially becouse 3rd row seat might win wife over.. and styling is great...
But the Edge is great looking too. I do not think they are direct competitors.. though.. I think the Edge is going for Murano types.. while the GM triplets are going for the Minivan types.. with Buick going for the LeKsus RX, Acura MDX tpyes...Together with Lincoln... buyers...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nissan interiors really went downhill around 2000, but the interiors are getting better again.
I agree. Nissan interiors have been going downhill for a while. Ever sat in a 2002-2006 Altima?? TONS of plastic everywhere. The Titan, Armada, 2004-2006 Maxima and the Versa are just as bad. Even the new Altima was supposed to change that, but it still had a long way to go to be near the Accord (and even the Fusion) levels.

About the Edge vs. the GM twins. While I like all 3, the Edge is made more for families with 4 people. The GMs are more useful when there is a family of 5 (or more), with the 3rd row seat. But if you want to compare a Ford product to the GMs, it would have to be the Taurus X (aka Freestyle), and the upcoming Fairlane (where does that leave the Taurus X when it comes out??).

Does anybody know how the Murano has been selling?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts