Ford Inside News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Editor
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have to say, I really like the new face on this thing. It fits the vehicle better than the old one. Despite not having a lot of changes in the interior, the interior on the show floor looked really nice with that color combination.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I like the front as well. I also think the interior didn't need much, in every review I have read they said the Flex has a very nice interior. I also thought it was nice when I sat in one at the Prov and NY autoshow.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It's grown on me. I'd prefer it said "F O R D", better yet would be no text, and a Blue Oval in the silver bar.

Fortunately I'll be holding onto our Flex for a long while so that won't be my problem. Now what to do when we replace the Escape, that's a whole other story.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
This outclasses the MKT, and the rest of the Lincoln lineup.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I actually looked at the Flex, Durango and Mqpuhhhh!! Exploder this weekend. I was shocked as to how small the exploder is. Its got excellent materials and excellent technology, but as a Mommy mobile the Flex is superior, for the price level.
Long story short, Exploder is not in the running, flex is, Durango is, and the Traverse 2013 is, if the vehicle I am replacing can last that long.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Flex is a very nice vehicle, drives like a dream, looks great and has lots of sitting and acceptable trunk space with 3 rows. The only vehicle really that rivals is it is the Traverse, but its interior materials, technology and design is far superior to the traverse, hence my need to wait for the 2013 top compare the two. The traverse has the advantage in raw interior space but old GM packaging kills it.

Flex factoid:

one out of five Flex sales happen in California.
They seem to love it there.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Flex is a very nice vehicle, drives like a dream, looks great and has lots of sitting and acceptable trunk space with 3 rows. The only vehicle really that rivals is it is the Traverse, but its interior materials, technology and design is far superior to the traverse, hence my need to wait for the 2013 top compare the two. The traverse has the advantage in raw interior space but old GM packaging kills it.
I would think the Flex rides a bit better cause it is lower to the ground, not to knock the Traverse but I think the Traverse drives more truck like because it is higher.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Having upgraded (downgraded???) from a Flex to new Explorer, I have to say, I really miss the interior space of the Flex. I am pretty sure it was more than Traverse, and nothing comes close to the 2nd row limo like room of it. Traverse prob has more utility space, but not by much, and there is a ton of it to begin with for both.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I actually looked at the Flex, Durango and Mqpuhhhh!! Exploder this weekend. I was shocked as to how small the exploder is. Its got excellent materials and excellent technology, but as a Mommy mobile the Flex is superior, for the price level.
Long story short, Exploder is not in the running, flex is, Durango is, and the Traverse 2013 is, if the vehicle I am replacing can last that long.
proof ^ positive
that the 'overlap' between the Flex & Explorer is grossly overstated
& there's plenty of reason for Both

·
Registered
717 Posts
I currently have a 2012 KIA Sorento. Wish this version of the FLEX was out when I went shopping. Oh well I'm happy and in maybe a few years I will definately be getting into a Titanium Ecoboost FLEX.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts