Ford Inside News banner

Picked up a 2013 MKT

Tags
mkt picked
4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  nsap 
#1 ·
After being on order for 11 weeks, today I went with my grandparents to pick up their 2013 MKT Ecoboost. It's mostly loaded with everything and has the brownstone interior (looks great). They traded in their 2010 MKT Ecoboost for this one.

I've only driven it about 30 miles so far, but my initial impressions:

• The steering is tighter, heavier and more accurate than the 2010.
  • Ride quality is significantly improved with the electronically controlled dampers.
  • Transmission reacts quicker and programming is not as mind boggling.
  • The cabin is quieter at speed than the 2010 was. Specifically, less wind noise (and the old one was quiet).

Overall, a very nice update to the car. Looking forward to driving it some more this weekend.

See less See more
#2 ·
^ Looking forward to updates

&
I haven't looked for many photos of this update so far
& yours practically makes the grille design 'immaterial' imho
since it just about disappears into the dark paint for me
would like to hear your opinion about it AND esp. your grandparents' opinion!, since they HAD the previous look & since that is pretty much the extent of exterior changes (, no?)

#8 ·
Took it for another quick spin tonight (it was dark, so no good pics yet)...

When we picked it up I immediately noticed that the MyLincoln Touch is a version I have never seen. Back in June when I was in Dearborn, Ford made the remark that owners were upset that the big update to MFT/MLT deleted the exterior temperature from the touchscreen by the clock.

Their MKT has the exterior temp + updated MLT.

#9 ·
Is the MLT a lot quicker to respond?

#10 ·
Is the MLT a lot quicker to respond?
It's significantly quicker than the Gen I version I had in a 2011 MKX tester.

I find it acceptable, but I'm from the tech age.

My grandparents are not super techy (I'd say they are on par with most 40 year olds), and they've adapted well to it so far. In fact, they had to tell me how to change the suspension setting through Drive Control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.