Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick – What's the best-selling light-duty pickup truck in America? Did you say the Ford F-150? Not so fast. According to the J.D. Power Information Network (via our friends at PickupTrucks.com), General Motors sold more Chevy Silverado 1500 pickups (119,959 units) in June that Ford sold F-150s (107,778 units), and that's not a fluke.

It seems that the automakers don't actually break out the sales of each pickup line when reporting overall figures, so Ford lumps all F-Series (F-150, F-250, F-350...) sales together when it correctly lays claim to the title of Best-Selling Pickup Line in America. Ford's Super Duty series commands nearly 50-percent of the HD pickup market, which puts the Blue Oval on top of the overall sales race.

Interestingly, all three American automakers picked up full-size pickup market share at the expense of Nissan and especially Toyota, which saw sales of its Tundra plummet from 76,516 units to just 36,106 units in June of 2009 compared to one year ago. Click here for the full breakdown of full-size truck sales data.
Autoblog

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
You are only talking about halftons.
Exactly, total F-Series sales completely out paced anything from GM or Dodge. Toyota and Nissan were far...FAR behind the Detroit manufacturers in truck sales...both Heavy Duty and Light Duty.

Still, and all things considered, the current Silverado is a very nice truck. It is not quite the truck I'd want to own, but if I had to choose between it, or a Titan or Tundra, I'd go with the Chevy in a heartbeat.

Stay Fab!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Fact checker must have been broken.
The article states that these are June sales, but by the numbers...more likely year-to-date sales.

I can see both sides of this debate.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Fact checker must have been broken.
The article states that these are June sales, but by the numbers...more likely year-to-date sales.

I can see both sides of this debate.
those do seem like YTD sales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts