Ford Inside News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an email from Ford asking for opinions on more/new tech
Tell us which hands-free technologies interest you - Ford.vehicles.com

...So what's next? You tell us. What hands-free technologies would you like to see next in your vehicle?
O I don't care. I'm happy using my hands.
O I'd like to see voice-activated power windows.
O There are lots of technologies that open things. I want to be able to say, "Close liftgate."
O Voice-activated cruise control would be nice.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
voice activated power windows? are you kidding me?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
As a fan of the old Get Smart TV show, I'd love to see voice-activated 'Domes of Silence' for the kids in the back seats.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

...So what's next? You tell us. What hands-free technologies would you like to see next in your vehicle?
O There are lots of technologies that open things. I want to be able to say, "Close liftgate."
well I don´t know if I want a voice activated windows but there is some tech I would to see in Lincoln vehicles like:
360 degree camera
night view plus assist (like MB s class)
something like terrain management in suvs like the Navigator, maybe mkx

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

Voice activated windows, liftgate,interior ligths,doors locks, driving indications (cruise control and more...)... but powered by Apple, not Microsoft like the current Sync...

·
Registered
761 Posts
As a fan of the old Get Smart TV show, I'd love to see voice-activated 'Domes of Silence' for the kids in the back seats.
How about a 'Dome of Silence' for some of the salespeople out there? I hate it when I know more about the vehicle, the incentives, warranty , etc. than the person trying to get into my wallet. I tend to use the internet manager as he/she is usually more informed and easier to deal with. (imho)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'd like to see a power operated rear liftgate that slides up over the roof instead of lifting up like every other hatchback. In concept would be similar to the power sliding Pano-roof and could be adapted for the heavier hatchback. Imagine the rear hatch in one smooth, clean motion sliding up over the roof and then sliding back down. This would be a Lincoln exclusive of course for a while and could be used on MKC, MKX, MKT and Navigator.

How about front seats that turn toward the door when you are about to exit? GM used this feature back in the '70's on some intermediate-size cars.
Other ideas that are probably impossible would be self cleaning cars or tires that constantly stay inflated by using a mini compressor that monitors the pressure.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
voice activated power windows? are you kidding me?
well I don´t know if I want a voice activated windows...
this & the kids in Ford's pic remind me of a commentary-cartoon from working in a college's computer lab
with one half of the room yelling "Delete"
and the other half screaming "UN-DO!"

...there is some tech I would to see in Lincoln vehicles like:
360 degree camera
night view plus assist (like MB s class)
something like terrain management in suvs like the Navigator, maybe mkx

much better list than Ford's, Jose!

I'll also add head-up displays for Lincoln-Mercurys
actually (no cost?) option on Lincolns, Std for Mercury

"Silence is golden...
...duct tape is silver"

Voice activated windows, liftgate,interior ligths,doors locks, driving indications (cruise control and more...)... but powered by Apple, not Microsoft like the current Sync...

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
this & the kids in Ford's pic remind me of a commentary-cartoon from working in a college's computer lab
with one half of the room yelling "Delete"
and the other half screaming "UN-DO!"

much better list than Ford's, Jose!

I'll also add head-up displays for Lincoln-Mercurys
actually (no cost?) option on Lincolns, Std for Mercury

"Silence is golden...
...duct tape is silver"

head up display would be a great idea 2b2, sign traffic recognition would be great also (I think the focus for europe has it, also bmw) and maybe something like this: :angel

·
Registered
919 Posts
When it comes to technology in Ford cars, and driving the 2013 C-Max Energi, I would like to see integration of iOS. Change sync and let Apple take control with more of an IOS interface.

I like the MFT interface I have right now, but I am constantly wanting to touch the center of the quadrants instead of the edge of the screen.

More customization of the tech would be nice. There are features available to the fleet customers which should be available to all. An example would be DRL. Make it an option the customer can activate via the touch screen as an option. I also want all-up windows via the key fob since I have all down. Should be an option.

I can go on and on and on.

Proximity sensor on the car to have the car auto unlock when I'm within 3 feet of the door.

Heads up display.

Digital speedometer.

Dual voltage charger with adapter for plug in cars. Portable type 2 with all but have it change to type 1 as well.

Single speedometer needle gauge with mph and kmh electronically switch through settings and not both printed on the gauge.

I have too many wants and needs when it comes to my Energi right now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
919 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts