Ford Inside News banner

What is your opinion of MyFord Touch?

• It's great - Not distracting, works as expected.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great concept, but it is buggy and distracting

• Other (post it up!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Editor
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POLL: MyFord/MyLincoln Touch. Yay or nay?
What is your opinion of MyFord Touch?
www.FordInsideNews.com
January 20, 2011

Since it's introduction in mid-2010, MyFord/MyLincoln Touch has been a controversial topic in the automotive industry. The new infotainment system has been praised for it's vast abilities, but lambasted just as much for being distracting, slow and buggy. What is your opinion of it?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I own an '11 MKX and I can say that I love it...but it's definitely buggy and distracting. Still waiting for the update since I have the original firmware right now.

The system does become much less distracting the longer you use it. At this point, I'm very happy with the system, especially the IP/Steering wheel interface, which is actually less distracting to use in most cases.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I voted other because I think it is buggy with specifics, but we make it dangerous by using it when it is not safe to. It is though giving a look at Ford and how superior their tech is becoming.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I voted other. I'm leery of it. My experience with SYNC has been less than stellar (It remains my biggest disappointment in my Flex) and Ford's response to the issues related to it makes me leery towards the future of fixes for MFT.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Now I have been completely thrilled with the SYNC only cars, still amazed by how well it works and can't imagine a car without it. But MFT has been a different ball of wax, it doesn't "Just Work" like SYNC does...but it'll get there...love the concept but it needs to be polished.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I only used MFT for a little in a new Edge, it worked well for the time I used it and I thought it was easy to navigate. I don't own a vehicle that has MFT or MLT so I can't really vote on this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yay in this corner, regardless of the stories, I think most non tech type people have a longer learning curve. Along with the fact that most people are not given proper instruction when they have their cars delivered. My experience with Sync in my '08 Fusion has been nothing short of fantastic.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I haven't spent enough time with the upgrade, but it was actually two upgrades and they were both part of a recall that hadn't hit my mailbox yet. So far none of the bugs I've experienced have reoccurred and the system is less laggy.

Amusingly, I had been griping about "Cross Traffic" not doing a good job warning you...turns out it was a bug that was fixed with the upgrade. Previously, the system would only visually alert you on the IP, which wasn't helpful since your eyes are not on your IP when you're in reverse. The update added the warning tones and flashing mirror indicators...which apparently is how it was suppose to work from the start.

Otherwise, I'm going to need more time with the system to rediscover any bugs.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
IMO, Ford should offer MFT/MLT as a stand alone option. For the reason that this type of feature
is such a personal preference in so many ways. Not just in how it functions, but also totally changes the
appearance of the interior.
Centre stack and drivers gauge pods (Edge,MKX,Explorer & new Fusion) are so dramatically different
should not be a forced design on owners wanting top trim variants.
Seems odd for the customer who is willing to spend the most for said trim level, gets less choice. Ass backwarks scenario IMO.

Fingers are crossed that the new Mondeo does not have this low rent,weird,kiddie video game looking LCD drivers gauges as shown in the new Fusion.
Or at least keep offering as they do now 3 to 4 audio/entertainment choices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts