Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Likely not...as we speak, markets outside NA are starving for new models.

As the environment gets more challenging abroad, I predict Ford will exit some markets as competition figures out how to squeeze more profit out of sales and Ford can’t keep up.

Not Europe. This year: new Focus ST, new Kuga, new Puma, new Focus Active, new Explorer plug-In hybrid ,new electrified Transit

·
Registered
320 Posts
Likely not...as we speak, markets outside NA are starving for new models.

As the environment gets more challenging abroad, I predict Ford will exit some markets as competition figures out how to squeeze more profit out of sales and Ford can’t keep up.

Not Europe. This year: new Focus ST, new Kuga, new Puma, new Focus Active, new Explorer plug-In hybrid ,new electrified Transit
Sales must be surging then...assuming the products are competitive and not just ‘average’...how’s the market reacting to so many new/fresh models?

·
Registered
511 Posts
What Ford is realising is that the SUVs needed for Europe and ROW are indeed different to those required for North America. Sure, there's some crossover between the two but by and large, europe and ROW markets will get ersatz rations while the US keeps the best for itself.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
europe and ROW markets will get ersatz rations while the US keeps the best for itself.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

If what the US gets is factually the best,the ROW & EU Ford markets are in a heap of trouble. (I assume you have never lived in the US or Canada and owned Ford product built for the US and Canada market)

If what you say is true regarding Ford now understanding that it needs different SUV models for markets outside the US and Canada, why is this a Ford issue and not for the other manufacturers whom sell the same models globally?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
What Ford is realising is that the SUVs needed for Europe and ROW are indeed different to those required for North America. Sure, there's some crossover between the two but by and large, europe and ROW markets will get ersatz rations while the US keeps the best for itself.

The best of Ford USA today maybe is the new Explorer... and Europe will get a version even better than NorthAmerica´s car: a plug-in hybrid Explorer.

Evidently, that is not true...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Sales must be surging then...assuming the products are competitive and not just ‘average’...how’s the market reacting to so many new/fresh models?
None of these listed (new Focus ST, new Kuga, new Puma, new Focus Active, new Explorer plug-In hybrid ,new electrified Transit) vehicles are a reality yet, only the Focus Active has been available on the market for a couple months.

Lots of money on the hood of the all new Fiesta, Fiesta ST & all new Focus (Focus Active has not landed here yet) already here in Estonia https://ford.infoauto.ee/kampaania/selle-suve-soosikud so yeah wingnuts as usual is bang on with his wisdom "there is in fact something between "starving for products" and "surging".

Deal of the month Ford Kuga ( there are 3 of them with this discount and all are ST-Line spec)
Body type SUV
Engine 1.5 TDCi 120hj
Transmission automatic
FWD drive
Fuel Diesel
Equipment level ST-Line
Color Frozen White - white color
DISCOUNTED PRICE:
26 815 €
Car price: 36 315 € Price
Discount: 9 500 €

There are 10 discounted Kuga's in stock and every one is a TDCi equipped. No petrol models in sight. Wingnut, tell those jerks over there at HQ, retail customers are NOT buying DIESEL.:wink2:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
None of these listed (new Focus ST, new Kuga, new Puma, new Focus Active, new Explorer plug-In hybrid ,new electrified Transit) vehicles are a reality yet, only the Focus Active has been available on the market for a couple months.

Lots of money on the hood of the all new Fiesta, Fiesta ST & all new Focus (Focus Active has not landed here yet) already here in Estonia https://ford.infoauto.ee/kampaania/selle-suve-soosikud so yeah wingnuts as usual is bang on with his wisdom "there is in fact something between "starving for products" and "surging".

Deal of the month Ford Kuga ( there are 3 of them with this discount and all are ST-Line spec)
Body type SUV
Engine 1.5 TDCi 120hj
Transmission automatic
FWD drive
Fuel Diesel
Equipment level ST-Line
DISCOUNTED PRICE:
26 815 €

There are 10 discounted Kuga's in stock and every one is a TDCi equipped. No petrol models in sight. Wingnut, tell those jerks over there at HQ, retail customers are NOT buying DIESEL.:wink2:

...We are in june... so, there are still 7 more months where all those cars can arrive...

:wink2:

·
Registered
511 Posts
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

If what the US gets is factually the best,the ROW & EU Ford markets are in a heap of trouble. (I assume you have never lived in the US or Canada and owned Ford product built for the US and Canada market)

If what you say is true regarding Ford now understanding that it needs different SUV models for markets outside the US and Canada, why is this a Ford issue and not for the other manufacturers whom sell the same models globally?
Again dreadful US centric management that left global products to rot after they were conscripted as the basis of One Ford, Ford literally rode C1 and EUCD/CD4 into the ground because it was cheap to do the equivalent of move sequels but how many times can you watch the same movie?

New C2 products - Focus, Focus Active, new Escape/Kuga, Puma on the way, all of that while Ford is heavily reorganising its domestic portfolio away from cars to SUVs and trucks.

I have indeed lived in the USA and comparatively speaking, Ford US gives its customers much better deals and service than Ford Europe or some of the other divisions. The price Falcon lover quoted for Edge is an example of cost pressure for developing a vehicle in what we see as the reverse direction, I'll explain below,

The difference is that Ford is a US centric manufacturer and builds vehicles for its home market and are based on gasoline and the prices and economics there. Then they are expected to develop diesel versions, RHD versions for UK and ROW, the economics of that as opposed to not doing as much is obvious. Ford, GM and FCA look outwards from the US, everyone else looks outwards from Europe or Asia.

Sad as it may be, European, Japanese and Korean auto makers are more Euro/RHD friendly/sensitive to global markets when they are combined, they see the big picture of multiple countries but most of them being aligned with ECE regs and certification, so they see hundreds of countries as one or two big markets with variations for locak rules and RHD/LHD.

There's further evidence of this with the T6 ranger handover to the US, North America was stunned at the immensity of the T6 project and how many variables have to be considered. as an example of that the original T6 Ranger released in early 2011 required over 100 crash tests to cover all variables across it then 130 country footprint.

In no way am I defending Ford but we must understand the reality for them and GM is very different to other manufacturer, they make all their money from domestic sales and for them engaging markets outside of North America requires a lot of effort and funding for very little or no return.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts

Body type SUV
Engine 1.5 TDCi 120hj
Transmission automatic
FWD drive
Fuel Diesel
Equipment level ST-Line
DISCOUNTED PRICE:
26 815 €

I was speaking about NA and not speaking to you, and completely unrelated to your topic.
Take a chill pill

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I was speaking about NA and not speaking to you, and completely unrelated to your topic.
Take a chill pill

Sorry I must been mistaken that hell0boy & falcon lover where speaking about Ford product outside of N.A. as this threads topic is about. I missed your change in topic direction to N.A. Ford product regarding the surging sales & starving for new product in EU & ROW Ford market comments from hell0boy & falcon lover.

I am well aware you were not speaking to me with your posts, just complimenting your wisdom and making a point of letting your shirt & tie execs know that diesel sales in the EU are on the decline. This point was in direct reference to this titles thread, which is about the Edge being discountinued in the UK market with other EU markets to follow.

No chill pill needed but thanks for your concerns. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Things are changing for the better, I'm sensing some good things from Hackett in relation to fixing delays in product research to market time and endless re-runs of the same, tired old product.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Things are changing for the better, I'm sensing some good things from Hackett in relation to fixing delays in product research to market time and endless re-runs of the same, tired old product.
You are not concerned with the substance & quality which has not been spoken of since Hackett took over. With his cut costs mantra, fast to market blah blah & smart vehicles speeches, it gives me the impression the goal is build it cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible. Best in class, reliable, top notch quality not being part of his press releases does not conjure up changes for the better as far as a paying customer.

No doubt sounds good to the bean counters, I will give you that.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You are not concerned with the substance & quality which has not been spoken of since Hackett took over. With his cut costs mantra, fast to market blah blah & smart vehicles speeches, it gives me the impression the goal is build it cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible. Best in class, reliable, top notch quality not being part of his press releases does not conjure up changes for the better as far as a paying customer.

I think the new Explorer prices reflect exactly that....acceptable quality interior for the price of a luxury SUV, at least in some trims.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Sorry I must been mistaken that hell0boy & falcon lover where speaking about Ford product outside of N.A. as this threads topic is about. I missed your change in topic direction to N.A. Ford product regarding the surging sales & starving for new product in EU & ROW Ford market comments from hell0boy & falcon lover.

I am well aware you were not speaking to me with your posts, just complimenting your wisdom and making a point of letting your shirt & tie execs know that diesel sales in the EU are on the decline. This point was in direct reference to this titles thread, which is about the Edge being discountinued in the UK market with other EU markets to follow.

No chill pill needed but thanks for your concerns. :)
Good for you!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
You are not concerned with the substance & quality which has not been spoken of since Hackett took over.
Over at BON, I've been a staunch critic of Hackett since his arrival but things have changed recently, he fell in love with F150 and his perception changed. He recently spoke about how long it takes Ford to get a vehicle from market research to project not because of some cost saving, Hackett has truly become enamored with Ford's new products and wants to see them come to market much faster. He actually changed things with Model E to make it more appealing to buyers....

With his cut costs mantra, fast to market blah blah & smart vehicles speeches, it gives me the impression the goal is build it cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible. Best in class, reliable, top notch quality not being part of his press releases does not conjure up changes for the better as far as a paying customer.
So before Hackett, you were happy with the stale rehashed products being offered by Ford Europe?
Talking about or implying best in class anything is just self promoting chest thumping and that at the moment would just be an insult to buyers intelligence.

Most of the funding has been away from vehicles that do not sell well and that don't make profits for Ford. what we perceive as cost cutting is really Ford's own design/develope inefficiencies being repeated over and over, adding to the charges people end up paying.
As an example of this, PSA found out just how expensive GM legacy platforms are to build compared to its own and Ford is no different, that cost base needs to change of Ford will get sliced and diced.

Thanks to Europe's dreadful results, it's now dragging down the whole company to try to fix things. The alternative was to do like GM, pay someone else $4 Billion to just walk away. Ford can't do that because there would be nothing of worth to sell.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You are not concerned with the substance & quality which has not been spoken of since Hackett took over.
Over at BON, I've been a staunch critic of Hackett since his arrival but things have changed recently, he fell in love with F150 and his perception changed. He recently spoke about how long it takes Ford to get a vehicle from market research to project not because of some cost saving, Hackett has truly become enamored with Ford's new products and wants to see them come to market much faster. He actually changed things with Model E to make it more appealing to buyers....

With his cut costs mantra, fast to market blah blah & smart vehicles speeches, it gives me the impression the goal is build it cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible. Best in class, reliable, top notch quality not being part of his press releases does not conjure up changes for the better as far as a paying customer.
So before Hackett, you were happy with the stale rehashed products being offered by Ford Europe?
Talking about or implying best in class anything is just self promoting chest thumping and that at the moment would just be an insult to buyers intelligence.

Most of the funding has been away from vehicles that do not sell well and that don't make profits for Ford. what we perceive as cost cutting is really Ford's own design/develope inefficiencies being repeated over and over, adding to the charges people end up paying.
As an example of this, PSA found out just how expensive GM legacy platforms are to build compared to its own and Ford is no different, that cost base needs to change of Ford will get sliced and diced.

Thanks to Europe's dreadful results, it's now dragging down the whole company to try to fix things. The alternative was to do like GM, pay someone else $4 Billion to just walk away. Ford can't do that because there would be nothing of worth to sell.
Yeah, you mean he KILLED the Model E all together, Ford went from being a leader in hybrids to....well...playing catch up.

Yep PSA turned Opel around 1y after acquiring it...makes you wonder which kind of crappy management GM had that was dragging results down for years and years....

·
Registered
5,013 Posts

Ford of Europe have a big problem with its line up and its scheme of prices and sales of its vehicles. Currently, it is not competitive. Not with other brands of its level or higher level. For example, what I have already commented on the comparison of the new Focus Vignale and the Mercedes-Benz A-Class with the leasing plans. Both vehicles are very similar in terms of size, configuration, equipment and powerplants. The financing of both vehicles is very similar, with an advantage for A-Class. Downpayment for both: 8000 € ($ 8800). Monthly payment of A-Class = Financing (270€) + insurance + full maintenance for 4 years = € 380 ($ 400). Focus Vignale = financing 300€ ($ 330), in addition to this you have to pay for insurance and maintenance. Total monthly payment= 410€ (450$). The big difference between both is the residual value at 4 years, much higher for the Mercedes-Benz. All this for vehicles equipped in a similar way. The difference in the quality of the interiors and in the technology (the Mercedes-Benz fully digital dashboard is a marvel!) Make the balance lean towards A-Class.

That is why, for the first time in my 55 years of life, I will not buy a Ford vehicle. Yesterday I signed for a new Mercedes-Benz A-Class. For autumn, I must have it at home.

Ford must think very well what to do with Europe. Not going well.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Yeah, you mean he KILLED the Model E all together, Ford went from being a leader in hybrids to....well...playing catch up.

Yep PSA turned Opel around 1y after acquiring it...makes you wonder which kind of crappy management GM had that was dragging results down for years and years....
What are you talking about?

Reactions: 70 Stang

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ford of Europe have a big problem with its line up and its scheme of prices and sales of its vehicles. Currently, it is not competitive. Not with other brands of its level or higher level. For example, what I have already commented on the comparison of the new Focus Vignale and the Mercedes-Benz A-Class with the leasing plans. Both vehicles are very similar in terms of size, configuration, equipment and powerplants. The financing of both vehicles is very similar, with an advantage for A-Class. Downpayment for both: 8000 € ($ 8800). Monthly payment of A-Class = Financing (270€) + insurance + full maintenance for 4 years = € 380 ($ 400). Focus Vignale = financing 300€ ($ 330), in addition to this you have to pay for insurance and maintenance. Total monthly payment= 410€ (450$). The big difference between both is the residual value at 4 years, much higher for the Mercedes-Benz. All this for vehicles equipped in a similar way. The difference in the quality of the interiors and in the technology (the Mercedes-Benz fully digital dashboard is a marvel!) Make the balance lean towards A-Class.

That is why, for the first time in my 55 years of life, I will not buy a Ford vehicle. Yesterday I signed for a new Mercedes-Benz A-Class. For autumn, I must have it at home.

Ford must think very well what to do with Europe. Not going well.
Is that residual price you've been quoted a guaranteed hand back price?

If so, then i can see why you would go with the MB but if it's not locked in, you could find yourself upside down with the MB in four years time if the market is then chock full of used A-Class coming off lease plans....

Be very careful with this and remember, you want the dealer to eat any negative difference...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts