1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POPULAR SCIENCE: FORD F-150 NAMED 'GRAND WINNER'
Ford

NOV 12, 2014 | DEARBORN, MICH.

The 2015 Ford F-150 is Grand Winner in the automotive category in Popular Science’s 2014 “Best of What’s New” honors. The all-new F-150 is the reinvention of America’s favorite pickup – the toughest, smartest, most capable and efficient model ever, with 11 class-exclusive features. F-150 can claim the best towing and payload capability among full-size pickups, towing 12,200 pounds and hauling 3,300 pounds, all with improved fuel efficiency thanks to 700 pounds in weight savings over the 2014 model.

"The Ford F-150 has been America’s best-selling vehicle for 32 years. So when the company swapped steel for military-grade aluminum in several non-load-bearing parts—a first for any pickup truck—drivers were concerned. They needn’t have been. The alloy performs just as well as steel, and in some cases better, and it reduces the truck’s weight by as much as 700 pounds. (Typically, engineers would cheer the loss of only a few ounces.) Less weight means the F-150 can haul and tow more than it ever could, while accelerating and stopping faster. It also means the truck gets up to 20 percent better fuel efficiency. That’s good for drivers, of course, but when applied to 763,000 new trucks a year, the savings are also good for the planet. $25,420

Read more at http://bestofwhatsnew.popsci.com/tags/auto?IuEKWPOMdSeL2uCQ.99

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Wow, love it in red with the matte black grille! And since Ford likes offering many unique models and packages of the F-150, they should have no trouble offering different grille designs as it is kind of a pop-out design.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Chevy should kill the Silverado already, it can't compete with this!
Truck sales have massive profit margins, so every company is keen to get in on the action. If any firms were to exit stage left, it should be Toyota and Honda.

·
Registered
287 Posts
First step in dealing with any problem, is recognizing you have one.
You have simply been cheering the wrong team all this time.....commenting in this Ford site.....with a Ford name to throw us off:thumb:
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Seriously though, I do actually like Ford. I'm just so critical because thats how I would want any Chevy fanboy to be about tahoe's and suburbans and what not.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
^
touche my good man, touche.

Being constructively critical is the key I guess and its fine and welcome. I have picked apart many Ford vehicles in my day. But I also tend to defend what I consider anti Ford criticism that is in no way constructive, often from well known fans of other brands. It's all good and it's why we come back here.:clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts