1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ranger "hugely important" for Ford Australia
carsales.com.au

words - Ken Gratton
Sales success will be the KPI for Ford's T6 Ranger - the embodiment of the 'One Ford' program in action

Australians are strong supporters of full-chassis, one-tonne pick-ups or light trucks. Dual cab models are popular; so too are 4x4s. And 4x4 dual cabs are the most iconic of all. Like Mars Bars, they are equally effective at work, rest or play -- and they're not tainted by the family-car aura of SUVs either.

"Australia is a major customer of vehicles like this," said Ford Australia President Marin Burela at the media preview for the new Aussie-designed Ranger, explaining in effect why the company considers bringing the new pick-up to market is such a significant milestone.

"A truck like this will grow our volumes beyond where we are today," said Burela. "Already today, we're very happy with the progress that we've made with Ranger volumes; particularly 4x4..."

The current model, with 4x2 and 4x4 sales combined, consistently outsells the locally-manufactured Territory SUV and the other imported Fords each month, according to VFACTS. Ford's expectation is that the new model will improve on that record -- and with the claimed upgrade in comfort, refinement, safety and fuel efficiency, it's not an unreasonable expectation.

But the Ranger is also a goal kicked for 'One Ford' and the local and international design team working out of Ford's Broadmeadows and Geelong facilities. Often feared and apparently misunderstood, 'One Ford' is the company's model rationalisation program and the Ranger is a product of that program.

"One of the great things about 'One Ford';" said Burela, "while we've had an engineer sitting in Broadmeadows in our design studio -- or in Geelong -- we've also had an engineer sitting in Dearborn [Ford's head office in Michigan] looking at the same crossmember, finding the best solutions...

"That is the power of 'One Ford'; we've never had the ability to do what we're doing now -- as one team, one plan, one goal."

More at the LINK

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
but not hugely important for the US...

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
The new Ranger looks great.

180 countries. How many countries are counted in 2010, 193? Amazing leaving out just 13.
195 if you include Taiwan (i personally do), the Vatican, and Kosovo (split off last year).

Might become 196 next month if Sudan votes to split.

·
Registered
61 Posts
195 if you include Taiwan (i personally do), the Vatican, and Kosovo (split off last year).

Might become 196 next month if Sudan votes to split.
Still, Ford can't make the jump to include all nations in selling the Ranger!!

As for number of countries, shuld be a half dozen more once the U.S. splits up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It' sad Ford won't fix the U.S. Ranger market. Sales have gone down so much because the vehicle is antiquated, underpowered, and now just a plain piece of junk. My dad's 1996 Ranger, and my 2003 Ranger were really good trucks, but his 2007 and my 2008 Rangers are terrible. They're slow, drink gas, and have endless mechanical problems with that POS French transmission Ford stuck in there and that sorry front end that, with its current turning radius, needs a 10 acre corn field to turn around in. Oh and don't even get me started on the sorry excuse for brakes on these pieces of crap.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Ford needs to give this truck a north american nose and bring it over. Tacoma sells a lot of trucks.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
the headlights remind me of the previous gen Taurus

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now it's 2020...
2021 Ford Ranger FX4 MAX is now on sale in Australia.
https://performancedrive.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/2021-Ford-Ranger-FX4-MAX.jpg
Following the announcement of the 2020-2021 Ford Ranger update the local arm is now introducing a new Ranger FX4 MAX variant. It’s inspired by the hardcore Ranger Raptor.

In terms of the exterior, the front receives the Ford Performance inspired chunky grille with FORD lettering, and there’s a dark grey surround. Dark grey is also used for the skid plate, side mirrors and door handles, wheel arch mouldings, and sections of the tray. A full-length tubular sports bar completes the look.

The FX4 MAX is powered by the 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel engine, producing 157kW and 500Nm. It comes matches to a 10-speed automatic. The FX4 also offers a full 3500kg braked towing capacity and 981kg payload.

Ford Australia says the new FX4 MAX is on sale now, with prices starting from $65,940 (excluding on-road costs).
(
ford ranger ราคา)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts