Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Ive been asking for this for a while now!

Reactions: zipzoomflyfast

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based of these photos, and the fact that the Ranger will go on sale in late 2018 - is it possible that it will launch with a Raptor option rather than waiting an extra year for it - a la - F150 Raptor?

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Based of these photos, and the fact that the Ranger will go on sale in late 2018 - is it possible that it will launch with a Raptor option rather than waiting an extra year for it - a la - F150 Raptor?
That's what I think will happen with Ford coming late to the midsize pickup market in the US.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Not really liking the Raptor name. Raptor already exists and it does not work as a sub brand imo. But then again, Ranger used to be a trim level in F-150. Oh, why not then.

Should be a great Detroit autoshow this year.
Can we get a Raptor Expedition too then? :-(

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
MY BODY IS READY

If they make a Bronco Raptor or next gen Escape Raptor, I would cry and mourn the loss of all of my money.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bronco Raptor....dear god...life would be good. However, a hard decision between the Ranger Raptor and the Bronco Raptor.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Global Ranger Raptor debut is Feb 7th in Thailand. Does this mean tonight at midnight EST the US embargo will be lifted?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ & ^^ etc
imho there will definitely be something CALLED a RangerRaptor in the U.S
BUT may have a diff drivetrain from (some) RotW market(s)

Global Ranger Raptor debut is Feb 7th in Thailand. Does this mean tonight at midnight EST the US embargo will be lifted?
google tells me it's currently Quarter after 2am in Thailand...already on the 7th
so
imho
anything goes as to when their press event takes place
maybe: 10am there = 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern

update-NOT Ford.co.Th/,
Ford-Thailand twitter

Attachments

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
This is it! Overseas version of the Ranger Raptor. Will USA get the same truck? It looks fantastic! But i doubt that turbodiesel engine will go to America... Maybe an EcoBoost 2.0

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don’t think the US will get this, and if they do they won’t go backwards from the 2.7 to a 2.0.

There’s quite a backlash on social media due to it only having a 2 litre diesel, and I think that criticism is warranted. For the life of me I can’t understand how Ford missed the opportunity to use the V6 Powerstroke. VW Amarok has a 600Nm diesel that easily outdoes this top of the line’s milk bottle.

As a total package though it won’t have many competitors. They would have hit a home run had they used the V6.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts