Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I heard rumors that the Ranger Raptor might be coming to the U.S. marketplace after 6-7 year vacation. It been almost everywhere even in South America as well as being release in South Africa since that time. Only in North America, it is still a restricted territory! Ford must be pulling their hair out to figure away to tell Ford fans that it not coming to the North America shores because they fear it will take away sales of the F150 Raptor. Of course, if Ford management is smart; they just price the new Ranger Raptor close to the price of the F150 Raptor and either way it goes; Ford will be happy with the big profit margin. Will they be smart enough to figure this out is another different topic!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
it's coming. < period
( tho I'm not positive about it being called "Raptor"...)

...fear it will take away sales of the F150 Raptor. Of course, if Ford management is smart; they just price the new Ranger Raptor close to the price of the F150 Raptor and either way it goes; Ford will be happy with the big profit margin. Will they be smart enough to figure this out is another different topic!
think you nailed it^ :thumb: + :crying2: < for a friend, not me personally

tho
I do have a prurient interest in what they do TO the Bronco

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If the Ranger Raptor is coming to the US for 2019, I think they have up through the Texas State Fair before that window closes.

If I was a betting man I would say Ford has no plans to bring Ranger Raptor to the US. Once I saw the specs and details of the Raptor after they failed to announce it in Detroit, I knew right away that our expectations for a US Raptor were probably wrong. They will likely reconsider the Raptor depending on how the market responds to the Ranger which is entering a leveled out midsize market as it is. Since the Ranger Raptor was developed with a new Diesel, they either sell the Raptor with that wacky Diesel in the US or they spend a fortune outfitting the T6 platform with it's first ever V6. That would be a VERY low volume product and I don't think that's likely unless the Bronco project demands it (and funds it). So for me, nothing is adding up so I'm very skeptical and would be more surprised if it does show up than if it didn't.

In any case, hopefully I'm wrong but this isn't the first time I've seen the US waiting on a Ford they assumed they were getting.

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Here is an interview with a Ford exec which effectively confirms that Ford does not have current plans for a US Ranger Raptor. So I won the bet! Pay-up! :)

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/ford-ranger-raptor-really-well-u-s-exec-says/?sm_id=organic_tw_social_AMAG_180211_sf181768965&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral#sf181768965

Did you post the right link or just not read it, because it clearly stated that Raptor Ranger would be a great fit for US, although stopping short of confirming it.

It will also get the 2.7L engine. That much I know for sure.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
He is clearly just speculating that the Ranger Raptor would do good in the US and what he thinks it would need to do good in the US, but here is the quote...

All these clues point to a strong possibility of the Ranger Raptor heading to the U.S. But it’s still an uncertain prospect, and if it does come to the U.S., it could be quite some time before we see it. “We haven’t said anything about availability in the U.S., our first priority is to get a Raptor available to everyone on the planet earth. So Americans already have an F-150 Raptor, we’ve got to spread Raptors to the rest of the planet.”
Again, it may come but it's not coming anytime soon and his speculative tone indicates they haven't done the work yet to make it US suitable. This is the exact tone Ford always uses for products that never come to the US or come years later.

And sorry wings, your info is never accurate and I'm pretty sure you just make it up on speculation. Not to mention you get SO much basic knowledge wrong. So I've learned long ago to ignore your rumor baiting.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Did you post the right link or just not read it, because it clearly stated that Raptor Ranger would be a great fit for US, although stopping short of confirming it.

It will also get the 2.7L engine. That much I know for sure.
But not for a few years, NG T6 Global Ranger Raptor..;)

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Here is an interview with a Ford exec which effectively confirms that Ford does not have current plans for a US Ranger Raptor. So I won the bet! Pay-up! :)

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/ford-ranger-raptor-really-well-u-s-exec-says/?sm_id=organic_tw_social_AMAG_180211_sf181768965&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral#sf181768965

Another stupid Ford decision. Ford management didnt learn from the mistake of stopping producing the Ranger in USA... now they will regret (within 4 or 5 years) of not having produced the Ranger Raptor.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I must be missing something. Ford exec says:

“Raptors are a slam dunk for the U.S.,” he said. “I think it [the Ranger Raptor] would do really well in the States.”

and somehow that's being interpreted as confirmation that the Ranger Raptor isn't coming here? :confused:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I must be missing something. Ford exec says:

“Raptors are a slam dunk for the U.S.,” he said. “I think it [the Ranger Raptor] would do really well in the States.”

and somehow that's being interpreted as confirmation that the Ranger Raptor isn't coming here? :confused:
Gah, can you reread everything I just said. Why is this so hard?

Here is an interview with a Ford exec which effectively confirms that Ford does not have current plans for a US Ranger Raptor. So I won the bet! Pay-up!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Gah, can you reread everything I just said. Why is this so hard?
Yes, you said there are no current plans. He did not. His words:

“We haven’t said anything about availability in the U.S., our first priority is to get a Raptor available to everyone on the planet earth. So Americans already have an F-150 Raptor, we’ve got to spread Raptors to the rest of the planet.”

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
And sorry wings, your info is never accurate and I'm pretty sure you just make it up on speculation. Not to mention you get SO much basic knowledge wrong. So I've learned long ago to ignore your rumor baiting.
In all the years you and I have been on this site, Borg, I could maybe only count on 2 hands the number of nice or otherwise positive things you've said to anyone about anything. Why are you so continually rude and contrary?

41 - 60 of 78 Posts