Ford Inside News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redesigned 2015 Dodge Challenger Coupe and Charger Sedan Confirmed for NY Show

See the instrument panel shot with the Super Bee logo place between two circular gauges boasting neo-retro fonts that's pictured above? It's the first official teaser for the redesigned 2015 Dodge Challenger coupe that will make its world premiere alongside a heavily facelifted 2015 Dodge Charger sedan at next week's New York Auto Show.

According to Dodge, the 2015 Challenger is inspired by the classic model and "is new from the inside out for 2015 and features a new powertrain combination that is sure to get enthusiasts 'abuzz'".

While no further details were provided, rumors are rampant that the Chrysler Group has developed a new 6.2-liter supercharged V8 nicknamed Hellcat, possibly delivering up to 640-horses in the SRT8.

As for the 2015 Charger sports sedan, the automaker says it "receives a full-body makeover with nearly every single body panel being resculpted".

Head over to Carscoops to watch the videos.

2013 Comparative Sales

Charger Sedan: 98,336
Challenger Coupe: 51,462

Mustang 77,186

Ford needs to offer a 4-Door Mustang(Falcon) in the US.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Both the Challenger need complete redesigns, including a new platform. They're simply too old and too heavy.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I really want to see the new Challenger, I always like thar car, I fell in love with the challenger a couple of years ago when I went to a Jeep-Chrysler-Dodge dealer here in Lima and I sat in a black SRT-8

·
Registered
607 Posts
That should be right around when the 50th anniversary Mustang debuts, right? These are great times to be a car freak, my friends!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
oof not sure if I like the look of that. I liked the hard edges of the current model!
Yeah, this could really go two ways. It could turn out to be a classier, more understated sedan, a bit of a sleeper... or it could be boring and cheap-o Dartish, and put people to sleep! I hope for the former; my mother has a 2007 Charger RT, and despite its many faults, it's hard not to like it.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, this could really go two ways. It could turn out to be a classier, more understated sedan, a bit of a sleeper... or it could be boring and cheap-o Dartish, and put people to sleep! I hope for the former; my mother has a 2007 Charger RT, and despite its many faults, it's hard not to like it.
Unfortunately for Dodge, their design them seems to be moving more toward the rather cheap/plastic/economy looking exterior/front end designs. Just look at all the black plastic you can already see from the small teaser image.

The new 200 looks like a bigger Dart, with the same cheap plastic design look.

I think this has much to do with cost cutting at Dodge with Fiat trying to get a return on their investment.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I agree with you "Paul8488". I immediately thought of the new Dart when I saw the Charger teaser. This should be interesting......

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts