Ford Inside News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 3167 Ford Fusion / Mondeo Coupe Looks Like Evos Concept

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-fusion-mondeo-coupe-looks-like-evos-concept-42167.html

If you’re into Fords and love the old Capri, you’re really going to enjoy this one. Malaysian car renderer Theophilus Chin has just released two shots of what could be the Ford Fusion Coupe, and what do you know: from just about every angle it’s identical to the 2011 Evos concept, with the exception of the bigger headlights and the lack of a trunk lid in the concept.

The car look fantastic and really gets us thinking that Ford should really build it. With the availability of all-wheel drive and EcoBoost turbocharged engines. And if they stuck the 250 hp 2.0-liter from the new ST in there, the Mondeo could do what the Renault Laguna never did, offer a hothatch motor in a bigger coupe body.

And if they get the chassis setup right they could potentially go after bigger fish, which we won’t mention because we fear the retribution of German car lovers.

Attachments

· Registered
5,940 Posts
I like the look of it!

· Registered
604 Posts
I prefer a more formal roofline but it looks great! Ford shouldn't wait for other domestic carmakers to re-enter the midsize coupe market before deciding to jump in. Honda has the Accord coupe and Nissan still has the Altima coupe. I would love for Ford to have the guts to make the sheet metal different than the Fusion and then call it Torino, Maverick, Thunderbird, or some other heritage name but I'd settle for the Fusion coupe.

· Mercury C557
22,902 Posts
I prefer a more formal roofline...
not sure if you meant "notchback" but did you ever see these?
(modified existing thread for all-&-any Fusion chops
& linked this thread and the chop site)

...make the sheet metal different than the Fusion and then call it Torino...
I've wanted a differently-bodied Taurus to be called "TAURINO"
= 'don't hit me'

OH! almost forgot
I heard there's a Fusion-size car out-&-about in Dearborn/Detroit that is STILL being kept under a tarp!!!

· Registered
384 Posts
It's a nice rendering, but the only thing the Evos needed was to drop the gullwing doors in favor of two conventional doors. Otherwise it was perfectly ready for production.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.