1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Report: Fiat to Sell Ferrari to Expand Chrysler Ownership
By Mark Kleis
www.leftlanenews.com

Although many American may not realize it, Fiat not only owns a substantial stake in Chrysler, but also an 85 percent share of exotic sports-car maker Ferrari.

The rumormill is in hyperdrive as it suggested for the first time in days that Fiat brass is contemplating the sale of some of its 90 percent stake in Ferrari.

Rest at link

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
imho, this needs to be a POLL :bounce:
whacha think?

[ ] GM
[ ] Ford
[ ] China
[ ] VW
[ ] BMW
[ ] Hyundai-Kia
[ ] Tata
[ ] aliens
I could see someone like BMW buying it

I doubt Tata would, they have enough issues with JLR, even though they are doing good they have their hands tied

Hyundai/Kia is possible, but unlikely

VW is also possible but I can't see the same company owning lambo and ferrari

Ford - no money

GM - no money

China - god I hope not

Nissan/Renault ?

Honda Motor.. not likely would probably make Ferrari all FWD

Toyota ?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Now we know why Mahindra has been stalling the introduction of their cheap pick up truck...they'll just buy Ferrari and use their showrooms...what a perfect fit

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
dunno if there's anything new here...

Ferrari to pay Fiat Chrysler $2.8 billion in spin-off - FreePress
By Brent Snavely
November 13, 2014

Ferrari will pay Fiat Chrysler $2.8 billion before the luxury sports car maker is spun off into a separate company next year, helping CEO Sergio Marchionne fund an agressive five-year expansion plan.

Story Highlights
• Funds from Ferrari's spin-off will help CEO Marchionne pay for Fiat Chrysler's expansion plan.
• "Ferrari's brand potential is vast, infectious and misunderstood," says analsyt Adam Jonas.

...The automaker is offering to sell up to 10% of Ferrari shares to the public and will distribute 80% of its shares to Fiat Chrysler shareholders.

The remaining 10% of Ferrari is owned by Piero Lardi Ferrari, a son of company founder Enzo Ferrari...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts