Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Autoblog.

With 3,050 September sales in North America, the Ford Fiesta is just now beginning to move off dealer lots. And while it's far too early to declare The Blue Oval's premium subcompact a success or failure, the folks in Dearborn have to be pleased with one crucial statistic. Car buyers driving off the dealer lot in a new Fiesta are paying a substantial premium over the handsome runt's $13,999 base price.

Bloomberg reports that the average transaction price of a Fiesta is between $3,000 and $4,000 beyond the base MSRP, or more money than customers are paying for the larger (and soon-to-depart) Ford Focus. Given the fact that the Fiesta is newer, fresher, and more heavily marketed than the Focus, we're not all that surprised, but perhaps more shocking is the fact that the Fiesta also has a higher average transaction price than the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic – both of which are class-above vehicles.

Link

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm wondering if that average transaction price on the Focus will compete with the Camry and Accord? :) Man...Every day that goes by, I'm glad I bought a boatload (at least by my standards) of Ford stock at $1.50! :cool:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
So I'm wondering if that average transaction price on the Focus will compete with the Camry and Accord? :) Man...Every day that goes by, I'm glad I bought a boatload (at least by my standards) of Ford stock at $1.50! :cool:
lucky guy!
I wanted to do that but I never ended up pulling the trigger... kicking myself hard now

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Amazing what happens when common sense decisions are made and your top dogs have the guts to use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts