Ford Inside News banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revamped Dodge Avenger, Chrysler Sebring to bow in late February; Viper not on the chopping block
January13

It was reported earlier this year that the revision of the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring would put the Viper program in jeopardy, but that is not the case. Jim Press — co-president and vice chairman of Chrysler — told Leftlane the revamp of the cars' interiors will have no ill financial effects on the Viper.
Moreover, Press says that the revised cars will hit the market much sooner than expected, bowing in late February of this year. Earlier reports indicated that the new cars wouldn't hit the market for one or two years.
The reason for this drastic move is the particularly poor reception of the public and the press to the interiors of the Sebring and Avenger, which have been described as ugly and cheap. Both cars are virtually brand new to the market, making the a 2010 redesign very costly. The source said the cars are "dying on the vine" and they're only a year old.
Chrysler is also said to be considering a major redesign to the 300 sedan for the 2011 model year — a move that will likely aim to maintain the successful car's momentum.

SOURCE:http://www.leftlanenews.com/chrysler-to-revamp-sebring-avenger-early-viper-facing-the-axe.html

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
do not ask me, it was the Germans
You mean to tell me that they were no American engineers and designers involved in the development and design of this car?

Because if history is any indication, Germans can and do make pretty darn good cars.

The problem is that no one cared about Chrysler, it may not have been bankrupted (who knows? it has been just a unit of larger entities for its last 10 years of life, or should I say life support) but it was a broken company, and this is the kind of product you get. They may has well kept the old Sebring longer, no one would have noticed the difference.

What a far cry from the company of Bob Lutz and Tom Gale, what a shame.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You mean to tell me that they were no American engineers and designers involved in the development and design of this car?
My point is that all that the result of all that engineering, designing, and development were under the direcction and control of Stutggart. Chrysler was not at all autonymous at that time. Someone at the Daimler head offices said "yes" to everything, including these cars that are under emergency re-design.

On the plus side, they have the 300 as well.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
My point is that all that the result of all that engineering, designing, and development were under the direcction and control of Stutggart. Chrysler was not at all autonymous at that time. Someone at the Daimler head offices said "yes" to everything.
I agree, of course. But my point is that it happened because no body cared a flying pig about Chrysler and not because they were Germans.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Ultimately the Top dog in a company is responsible for product, financials employees and all that goes on inside the four walls of a company

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.