Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Blah!

Looks like the new Chevrolet Malibore without a truck front and without a Shamaro rear end.

Boring companies produce boring products. Government Motors, Honda, and Toyota are now neck and neck in the competition for the most boring product company.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's really hard to believe that this is the best they could do - yet here it is. Toyota is going to have to apply money to the hood of this car to move the metal, given the competition of the Sonata, new Malibu, and the current Fusion, much less the forthcoming new Fusion.

I'm shocked - except this car reflects the traditional Toyota conservatism, and I think they will pay dearly for their head-in-sand lack of design leadership.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I am sorry but it looks too much like the current one, probably because it is just a refresh

·
Registered
193 Posts
Toyota has the worst styling of anybody I can think of. The Camry is about as exciting as me going to buy a washing machine.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Too bland for my liking.

Remember the car styling from 40 - 50 plus years ago. We look back today at those designs and they draw attention, excitement and get the heart going faster. It's sad that 50 years from now nobody is going to look at any car offered today and feel the same way. Car styling in general has become so bland.(Some have a few curves and contours but not enough) Not only with Toyota but just about every other automaker. Park a '59 Eldorado Biarritz or '56 Continental Mark II or '60 Imperial Lebaron Southampton next to any regular production vehicle and see which gets the most attention. New cars have no designs that excite. Not that I'm saying bring back huge tail fins but Toyota is the perfect example of how to make an appliance out of something that should look better.(you have to be seen in this thing remember) Park you new Camry next to the dish washer, stove or toaster oven and they all look the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts