Ford Inside News banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
This looks to be a winner! A lot of the downfalls in the MKZ were addressed in this vehicle. The interior is of higher quality and MLT now has knobs and buttons.
I agree.

As nice as the interior looks in this entry-level Lincoln, I can't imagine how nice the interiors will be in the luxury models.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Who cares about wipers and turn signal switches. I've never heard anyone in my life say that they won't purchase a vehicle for those parts...
well,
I've been wondering about keeping the Ford mechanism but changinng the surface parts for Lincoln ... maybe having them be translucent & softly backlit

Sorry for being the office pest here but is there a reason why the front vent windows do not open? This was a popular feature years back.
kinda wonder if lower air quality (esp compared to the 50's) could contribute to this
(plus of course cost and sealing/wind noise issues)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
well,
I've been wondering about keeping the Ford mechanism but changinng the surface parts for Lincoln ... maybe having them be translucent & softly backlit
I don't personally find the sharing of such parts to be problematic. However the cost of upgrading the Lincoln parts would be relatively minimal, and given that any shared components are sure to be pointed out and used to denigrate the Lincoln models it seems a small investment to make IMO.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Sorry for being the office pest here but is there a reason why the front vent windows do not open? This was a popular feature years back.
I think the fact that overall the ventilation on modern vehicles has improved such that adding the mechanical pieces to enable opening quarter windows is no longer worthwhile, along with what 2b2 said, the attempt to keep wind noise to a minimum. On the scale of IMO meaningless changes I would rather see unique hardware on turn signal/wiper stalks than movable quarter windows, but neither is even a tiny concern for me personally.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
^ I'm really hoping Lincoln breaks this "entry-vehicle" routine and has ALL the highend stuff (as long as it FITS) available on EVERY Lincoln, including their smallest/most affordable
It's good news shoppers are purchasing the more expensive MKZs versus the base models.

Considering that fact, I think Farley wants to make that happen.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't personally find the sharing of such parts to be problematic. However the cost of upgrading the Lincoln parts would be relatively minimal, and given that any shared components are sure to be pointed out and used to denigrate the Lincoln models it seems a small investment to make IMO.
I don't really mind parts bin commonality myself, but I would prefer to see Lincoln parts in a Ford rather than Ford parts in a Lincoln. Looking at the pictures of the MkC interior, I think the stalks look a little gimpy for a premium product (but I would take gimpy looking well functioning hardware over flashy looking junk any day). I like the idea back-lit labels on the stalks. I think that would be pretty cool looking and unique (I haven't seen any cars with that in my experience, but correct me if I'm wrong).

·
Registered
267 Posts
from the article that MKII post: there’s also a head-up display reflected off the windshield for your trip computer and other needs
http://www.autos.ca/lincoln/preview-2015-lincoln-mkc/
any info about this????
I was curious about that also.

One thing I would like to see as an option would be a wireless charging pad that I can drop my phone onto (I think that the dodge dart has one). It would be nice to get rid of another cable to fiddle with in the car. It would also be nice to be able to switch it from Qi to Powermat so those powermat users don't get left behind, hehe.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Changing the black plastic piece that surround the window switches for a real wood ( that wood trim in the pictures looks amazing!) could solve the problem. The switches (are the same as used in my Explorer) has a very good tactile feel

41 - 53 of 53 Posts