Ford Inside News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vauxhall Insignia: it’s a new name and a new platform, even an all-new badge, but the aspiration is the same: to finally unseat Ford’s Mondeo as top family hatch and rep favourite.

Vauxhall is confident, saying greater focus than ever before has been paid to the way the Insignia drives, that the design, undertaken in GM’s new European Design Centre, is more rakish and that the technology is bang up to date. The Insignia is the first product to appear on GM’s new Epsilon II platform, an architecture that will form the basis of a raft of future GM models, from Buicks to Saabs, sold in Europe, America and China.

If nothing else, the Insignia offers versatility, with a line-up that includes three body styles (saloon and hatchback from launch, with an estate to follow next year), two diesel and three petrol engines, front and all-wheel drive and a choice of passive or active dampers.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsHistory/Vauxhall-Insignia-2.0-CDTi-160-SE/236060/

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It's going to be tough to unseat the Mondeo, that said the new Insignia is miles better then the current car.
For my taste the Mondeo is the easy choice, the car is so nice inside and out.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
It's going to be tough to unseat the Mondeo, that said the new Insignia is miles better then the current car.
For my taste the Mondeo is the easy choice, the car is so nice inside and out.
Modeo is a very nice car. I do not know if this can unseat it, BUT, its gratifying to know that two North Americans sit on top of the midsize heap in old europe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts