Ford Inside News banner

RHD Lincoln MKZ Spotted

Tags
mkz rhd spotted
13K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  john1025bennett 
#1 ·
Spy Photographer Brian Williams mentioned and deleted on Twitter that he saw a RHD Lincoln MKZ running around. However, he said it was a one-off prototype. I'm not sure if there are photos anywhere.

But I thought it was worth mentioning here.

Discuss amongst ye-selves!

Edit: (RHD=Right Hand Drive)

#8 ·
Australia?

#10 ·
I just spotted a new MKX at the test track today, with partial cover removed. If you envisioned a current MKX but with grafted on front end slightly scaled from Navigator, you would be correct. I don't like it, at all. I think the current MKX front end is by far the best interpretation of split wing yet, and it is gone. I am quite upset about it.

I am feeling verklempt.....

#11 ·
I just spotted a new MKX at the test track today, with partial cover removed. If you envisioned a current MKX but with grafted on front end slightly scaled from Navigator, you would be correct. I don't like it, at all. I think the current MKX front end is by far the best interpretation of split wing yet, and it is gone. I am quite upset about it.

I am feeling verklempt.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDXEgBh0TF0
The new face and old are so diametrically opposed that simply updating the nose of a split-wing design is guaranteed to fail. The MKZ is a mess with two competing design themes so it's no surprise the MKX will be too.

#12 ·
The MKZ update was acceptable to me, because I was not so keen on the front style. Something about it's pencil thin mustache look that annoyed me. When current MKX concept showed up I loved it, and I was amazed at how close the production front style came to the concept. It is the best looking Lincoln product we currently make, imo. It will be sorely missed.

#15 ·
It's all so subjective. I cannot deny your tastes, but to me the previous MKZ as a complete design was my favorite FWD based sedan made. The face flowed purposefully into the body, but not anymore. The MKX is to my eyes very nice, but the Continental and Navigator are far and away the best Lincolns on offer in many years!

#17 ·
While I like it the problem is people don't see a premium product with the split wing. Lincoln themselves said when they showed people the new Lincoln look vs the old, the felt the new look looked expensive, the old did not. At this point I just hope they stick with the current style and evolve it over time rather than go through another reboot.

#20 ·
I like the updated Z more than mine. I think as SP pointed out from the questionnaire the new product looks more premium. The split grille wasn't bad on the 13-16 Z but I think the new grille is just more traditional and fits more with the Lincoln brand. Lincoln wanted to do the split grille for a while before the MKS came out. We had the MKR concept which was a bit overdone and the Sentinel concept in the 90s.

The first MKS grille was fine because it was small and fit the shape of the headlights, anything after that though didn't look good till the 13 Z and current C and X IMO. The refresh S was a step backwards. The T was terrible the only good aspect of the T was the rear end. All my opinion.

That photo shopped X looks good I think it will wear the new grille fine.

#24 ·
at least This part gets a :thumb:
I think the new face will be a fine (temporary) upgrade like the MKZ, hopefully we'll get a new engine option too. Maybe the 3.0 with 400/400?...
X = 3.0T + 9speed + torque-vectoring?
& I'd like the rear styling smoothed out
lately think most Fomoco rears kinda look like they 'sat' on blades & broken-glass

#26 ·
The Continental and MKX share similar body lines with the hips and creases. I think it will line up fine.

Reactions: 2b2
#30 ·
#38 ·
Rumor says the next Z was supposed to be 2019 IIRC so I would imagine next year at some point.

Reactions: Bellanca4.2