Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey FIN friends, the Mustang6G guys just posted that they are gonna reveal the "face" (i guess that means the nose?) of the '15 sometime tomorrow.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797

We will FINALLY have something concrete coming, I can't wait! Any word elsewhere if this is a Ford teaser or not?

EDIT - the pics just went live guys....

Attachments

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Re: Teaser tomorrow?

I will be checking in from work periodically for sure haha

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

someone said MotorTrend also plans to post the pix "tomorrow"
their site isn't loading for me yet
but wonder if they'll do it at (a) midnight??
...like in 10 mins?
Just checked didn't see anything

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

The new Mustang will be revealed in April 17 2014. Not before that date. Is the 50 birthday. No one at Ford will ruin that magical moment. For sure

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

1. They've said that the new car won't be retro. IMO this is still a retro styled front end, just a more angular, edgier take on it. I like it!!

2. Look at the size of those rear tires! This has to be a GT350 mule, no way the GT runs on meats that huge!

3. The lower facia is also ubber aggressive which further screams GT350 to me.

4. The C-pillar area screams coupe or convertible to me, not fastback.

5. I like that it really fits the current Ford family styling trends while remaining 100% Mustang! The Fusion looks similar all the while the Mustang wouldn't be considered to look Aston like!

LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
24 Posts

Hey FIN friends, the Mustang6G guys just posted that they are gonna reveal the "face" (i guess that means the nose?) of the '15 sometime tomorrow.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797

We will FINALLY have something concrete coming, I can't wait! Any word elsewhere if this is a Ford teaser or not?

EDIT - the pics just went live guys....

Just saw this and hopped over for the full set. This thing blows me away! Time to save up for a deposit.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

re-MAJOR-TY, Melino!!

...notice the new(?) cubistic spiderweb camo!

1. They've said that the new car won't be retro. IMO this is still a retro styled front end, just a more angular, edgier take on it. I like it!!
while I won't go as far as calling it retro (yet)
I *do* still think the general styling will be a Lot like an S197 stretched(& shrunk) over the NEW platform.
(I don't trust J Mays)
-- I like the "ballistic" shape that *I* see to the front & tried to get in my chops.
-- I surprised how they achieved a very "machine" look to theirs &
-- also surprised at what I see as angularity: hardness to the shapes

the fascia looks less finalized to me
tho that might just be ingrained-dis-belief from staring too long at too many renderings/chops
OH! the front isn't "real"...just molded fiberglass/plastic!!! = no headlites, just the shape of them!

I've never seen prototypes with that white strap where a rear(coupe)window would meet a trunklid...
AND there has been RECENT speculation about a coupe version (as I said for an ultralight version partly)
I'm still waiting for pix to finish loading...& this'll taking studying
edit - plus I also still believe most of the rearend aft of the fueldoor flap is phoney
haven't see a true profile pic yet to know it the front lost a good chunk of length with the camo

5. I like that it really fits the current Ford family styling trends while remaining 100% Mustang! The Fusion looks similar all the while the Mustang wouldn't be considered to look Aston like!
LOVE IT!!
the main Evos characteristic I "decided" on is the bottom-of-side-"C" / rocker shape;
can't tell yet if that's there but it hasn't been ruled out yet imho

IMHO
unless this reveal was fought tooth&nail by Ford,
I really expect the official "intro" by NAIAS if not LAIAS

more later

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

2. Look at the size of those rear tires! This has to be a GT350 mule, no way the GT runs on meats that huge!

LOVE IT!!
I hope you're right. I'd like the GT to keep close to the current price point, and this looks very expensive.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

I don't see anything retro about it..... I see Evos/kinetic design cues.
When I think of a car that is as old as the Mustang yet exists today I think of the 911. When you compare the modern 911 to the original 1963 version it shares the heritage, but is thoroughly modern. It is my opinion that the Mustang is holding much closer to its heritage than the 911 does, and I believe that is a good thing!

Edit: A better example of a modern take on a classic car is the Corvette. Take the identifying markers off the cars and park a '53 next to a '14 and a non car person would never know they are the same model car. Park a '64 'Stang next to this '15 and that same non car person will see the familiarity between them. That is what I mean when I say that front end remains retro influenced.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

Thanks to ngiotta @ Mustang6g

wanted to add
once again ([BL]), I GOT what I wanted - so far/mostly
see a lot of my
950x475
in it
like: squishing the lower part of the 'trapezoid' grille to make it more like traditional Mustangs
&
the lower fascia (my least-fave, too-Evos/Fusion part) could easily be different on other trim levels;
saw the suggestion that since this S550 was caught alongside a BOSS, it's at least a GT

canNOT wait for info about the 4cyl-EB!!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

the lower fascia (my least-fave, too-Evos/Fusion part) could easily be different on other trim levels;
saw the suggestion that since this S550 was caught alongside a BOSS, it's at least a GT

canNOT wait for info about the 4cyl-EB!!
I really like the lower facia! :rock:

As for it being a top trim, yes, did you look at the size of the rear tires? :thumb: I doubt even the GT will be running around with tires that big!! It has to be the GT350 or future Boss!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ s'ok, to each their own

&
thinking about what the back might be like, I went to some Evos pix, cuz I've had no real idea what to do (chop) for the rear
&
had forgotten that the Evos has sorta buttresses on the C-pillars
WHICH
is a fillip I used to make the roofline look more fastback while allowing space for a trunklid in between

AND
looking at how the Evos rear bumper sorta mirrors the tail lights above it,
now wondering if for the S550 they could extend the TL lenses down onto that upper 'bumper', making a 3D concave side profile to the TLs
re-

I saw insider posts that a 3D and concave Look *is* what their doing but couldn't visualize what the words meant until now

PS
I updated the thread title

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...looking at how the Evos rear bumper sorta mirrors the tail lights above it,
now wondering if for the S550 they could extend the TL lenses down onto that upper 'bumper', making a 3D concave side profile to the TLs
re-

I saw insider posts that a 3D and concave Look *is* what their doing but couldn't visualize what the words meant until now...
needed to put real lenses in the TLs but pooped out

960x480

original @ NetCarShow[/u]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts