·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saab in danger of bankruptcy - report
By Michael Gauthier
March 10, 2011
WCF

It sounds like déjà vu all over again as a new report is indicating that Saab is in danger of going bankrupt.

In an interview with Sweden's Dagens Industri, would-be Russian investor Vladimir Antonov stated he doesn't believe Saab will reach their goal of selling 80,000 cars in 2011. He added this would cause problems with the European Investment Bank which could result in Saab being declared bankrupt within five days after the loan is due. Furthermore, Antonov said the company likely needs €1 billion to stay afloat and he is willing to invest half that amount.

Full text at link

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
That is the market in action for you. If there isn't enough market for two half baked swedish brand, let the stronger one prevail . . .

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the market in action for you. If there isn't enough market for two half baked swedish brand, let the stronger one prevail . . .
The only thing that will save Saab is for another maker to buy it up. I just doubt Renault or VW (the only ones in position to do so) want it.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sounds like another saab story...lOL OK, I was waiting for someone else to poke fun at the situation and make the comment. Happy Friday All!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Sounds like another saab story...lOL OK, I was waiting for someone else to poke fun at the situation and make the comment. Happy Friday All!
Very saab indeed :p

I am all for this brand disappearing. It contributes nothing and their cars hurt my eyes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts