Ford Inside News banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
San Diego Electric Car Show
I went to the San Diego electric car show. There was really nothing to write home about, but I took a few pictures, so here you go

The Volt. My thoughts, Its smaller than it looks in pictures, think something slightly the size of last generation Civic or just somewhat shorter than the Cobalt. Huge wheels. Looks way like a luxury car next to the Prius. This was a pre production model. Made for shows, so, they were not letting folks sit in it.

Lastly whether this car achieves the mileage they say it will, its a design triump, looks really good.​

TESLA
The sits are paper thin, the interior looks industrial, the battery is massive, the price is out of this world, and the car is small, very small. Think go cart. Not a practical vehicle. They were showing their upcoming model, but based on what I have seen with volt testing, its sort of up in the air if this company is not just vaporware.​

Nissan Electric Car..

As Fugly as they come, fat little piglet, will find its own cool aid buyers.. Heifer,​

Based on what I saw on the floor, Honda, Toyota and Nissan are beat by GM with the Volt and they know it. The volt is really hot, and the crowds and the questions that were being asked by the faithful religious enviromentalists seem very keen on the volt. There was a nut job with a T shirt on "who killed the electric car" asking lots of volt questions, (he obvioulsy wants one but looked too shabby to afford one) and they were telling him why the EV was a dud from the start, basically bettery techonology.​

More Pictures

The volt is drivable, the gear selector looks like it moves up and down just like your normal selector, the plastics were hard, but thats becouse this was a design studio build not a production build, and the ipod interior is confirmed as available.​

Too bad Ford was not on the show with anything electric. Just a CNG F150 from Roush together with a CNG Impala.​

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
THANKS for your report & all the pix, Ndwariga
& :)

yeah, too bad Ford didn't have the Electric Focus &or the BEV TransitConnect (wouldn't it be great if they made a small fleet of electric Milans & Mariners and kept a few for touring shows & dealerships? :cool:)

Care to tell us more about the Show?
like how many people were there & what you heard them saying!
other than the Mfgs you mentioned, what kind of stuff was on display?

ps here's a cropped Volt photo if you want one for the front page

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS for your report & all the pix, Ndwariga
& :)

yeah, too bad Ford didn't have the Electric Focus &or the BEV TransitConnect (wouldn't it be great if they made a small fleet of electric Milans & Mariners and kept a few for touring shows & dealerships? :cool:)

Care to tell us more about the Show?
like how many people were there & what you heard them saying!
other than the Mfgs you mentioned, what kind of stuff was on display?

ps here's a cropped Volt photo if you want one for the front page
i do not know much about the show, I heard it on the morning news and decided to go check it out. Save for GM, Tesla and Nissan, there was the Roush F150, an Impala CNG and a local non profit green energy firm, a small prius after market company with a massive bettery (plug in conversion) and nothing more really, just lots of golf carts and like 3 CNG civics from here or there.
I was there for less than half an hour in a small exhibition room in the old concection center at Fashion Valley.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The Photography on the volt is great. The interior pictures are not so good. But that is understadable given you are not sitting in the car.

I would say the volt is certainly a looker. I have to see it in person though to give final opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts