Ford Inside News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.leftlanenews.com/shanghai-live-buick-verano-88249.html

Shanghai LIVE: Buick Verano

Buick formally revealed the next-generation Buick Verano (Wei Lang in China) at an event prior to the Shanghai Motor Show, giving the world its first look at the Avenir-inspired sedan.

GM calls the new Verano a "sports sedan" to be "targeted at individuals who value a personal and dynamic driving experience," promising class-leading fuel economy and excellent handling.

The exterior draws inspiration from Buick's Avenir concept, featuring wing-shaped headlamp housings and LED taillights. The greenhouse is enhanced by a fastback roofline and sharply raked rear glass. Buick's signature double-sweep beltline is evident in the profile, and in the rear, dual integrated exhaust outlets finish the look.

Under the hood, the Verano employs a 1.5L, turbocharged four-cylinder engine putting out 124 kW (166 horsepower) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque. Power goes to the ground via a 7-speed DCG. The Verano's suspension has been calibrated specifically for Chinese road conditions, and Buick promises precise, but comfortable handling.

In fact, the entirety of the new Verano is said to have been designed specifically with China in mind. Buick has consistently proved a top seller in the world's largest automotive market, outselling even GM's own Chevrolet brand.

Photos and Article at Link

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/shanghai-live-buick-verano-88249.html#ixzz3XrbdQSkf

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
imho Buick (and ALL of GM and MUCH of FLincMoCo are) is just permanently confused and will never establish a SINGLE strong identity
otoh/altho
maybe that's an American attitude & everywhere else is fine with Buick a Chinese-Opel??
:yikes:

^ranting^ just cuz Buick is superficially/one-sidedly close to my favorite Brand

·
Registered
436 Posts
Looks great to me. I personally love the new designs Buick is bringing out. The little Verano should serve Buick well. Love that waterfall grille.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks great to me. I personally love the new designs Buick is bringing out. The little Verano should serve Buick well. Love that waterfall grille.
Well, sure, I do rather like every other bit of it. I especially like how Buick's bringing back color to it's logo, a la the Avenir Concept.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with you 'ThomasWC', I think Buick has been doing a great job lately. However, I also have to agree with 'FordSUVfan', the rear of the Verano is a little disappointing. Hopefully the U.S. version will be cleaned up a bit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It looked better in the teaser... probably because it was in the dark. There isn't a single angle that looks elegant or sporty or anything. Seems like a step backwards to me.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Well, sure, I do rather like every other bit of it. I especially like how Buick's bringing back color to it's logo, a la the Avenir Concept.
I believe that's only for China they use the red white and blue logo. Here in the US they use all gray.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
You know the more I look at the rear design of the Verano the more I see the old Lucerne which in my opinion is not a bad thing.

I agree with the others in saying that the Buick tri shield should be red, white & blue here in the US as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts