Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shelby Coupe and Convertible Listed on Ford 2015 Mustang's Lineup

It looks like Ford won't waste any time to enhance the range of its new 2015 Mustang when it goes on sale late next year, as according to a purportedly official "2015MY Ford Body Code Types" chart that trickled to the Mustang6G forums, there will be a Shelby Coupe and Convertible.
Regarding the Shelby versions of the 6th generation Mustang, the word on the street is that, they will carry the Shelby GT350 moniker with a recent screenshot from Ford’s dealer promo order system that popped up the SVTP forums supporting the story.

The poster of the screenshot noted: "So I just went to order 2015 promo stuff, they list all 2015 models for vehicle photographs and guess what, there is a Shelby GT350 listed!!!!!!! oh by the way, this is dealer promo stuff so its legit, not a shelby ship thru package."

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/12/shelby-coupe-and-convertible-listed-on.html

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
No way. MAYBE some kind of model would have that, but spy videos of the new Shelby have a clear V8 sound.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
No way. MAYBE some kind of model would have that, but spy videos of the new Shelby have a clear V8 sound.
It will be interesting to see how they manage to put GT500/LS1 like power into the GT350. From the sounds of the spy videos we've seen the mules don't sound like a Ecoboost 5.0, nor does it have the typical sound of a flat plane crank V8 like the rumored Voodoo engine. Both types produce very non-American V8 sounds and the videos suggest American iron, err, aluminum.

Lots of intrigue left with the Mustang! Everything from the 2.3EB power numbers which I sure hope are in the 350/350 range, the 5.0 hopefully in the 440/400 range and then there is whatever powers the GT350 which is going to have to be in the 550/490 range. None of that even brings up the question of dynamically how great will it be? It shall be an exciting summer in Ford land!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Is there a plan to have another Pony Package for non-V8 models? As great-looking as the GT, Boss 302, and GT500 were, the look of the grille and stripes on the V6 Pony Package was always my favorite. And, if the EB2.3L I4 is as good as I hope, I might opt for it, the Performance Package, and a Pony Package if they are all available together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts