Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ looks Good

First Official Pictures: 2012 Chevrolet Aveo - KickingTires.com
By Mike Levine | February 23, 2010
...The Aveo, whether in sedan or hatchback form, has been a source of cheap wheels for car shoppers for years, but the new Aveo looks to be a significant upgrade in style and materials. Chevrolet wants to make it something more than just an affordable choice. The design of the sedan shown here is sharp, with a handsome front end that offers something on par with Ford’s new Fiesta. The interior — shown in images below — looks to follow the trend of the Chevy Equinox in terms of improved materials and design. The offset analog tachometer and digital speedometer are unusual...

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Two things i dont like. Why does the lower grill come out farther? And what are those plastic pieces for for on either side of the center stack?
The lower grill is a re-interpretation of the Malibu, Cruze look, I guess, the interior, I think those are storage bins..

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I don't have time just now to verify dimensions but

Aren't the Aveo and Cruze a half-a-size LARGER than the Fiesta & Focus respectively?

I know the Cobalt was nearly halfway betwn the current Focus & Fusion in length
They are larger and sell for less. That is not good for Ford.
But clearly, there is currently a shift going on where Ford and GM will dominate North America in all segments.
I can hardly wait for the next Malibu, Fusion… the current ones are exellent, they dominate the V6 class, and the Hybrid class.. I cannot wait…

If GM builds an Aveo this good looking, the Yaris and Honda’s Fit cannot possibly compete.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts