Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was younger, I used to sit around for hours drawing concept cars and NASCARS in my spare time. A lot of these cars look ridiculous now and I hope to re-sketch some of them to make them look more practical.

The Idea behind this sketch I made was a 3 seater that had the option of the rear becoming a convertible… Seeing as how that is pretty much impossible and impractical I decided to re-sketch it and make it just a 2 door coupe with a shaded in area that is hard as apposed to fabric. The original name was the Lincoln 6000LS, which I renamed to keep with Lincolns new naming scheme to MKC (C standing for Coupe). The interior was quite plain in the original sketch, which featured a straight across wooden dash with no radio or climate controls. It did feature a huge speedometer with a tachometer inside of the speedometer (it almost resembles the Interceptor concept’s interior). This was also redone to resemble the current Navigator/MKZ/MKX interiors. The 3rd seat was in the back where the shaded area is, the shaded area was supposed to retract like a convertible. It was a single seat, which was quite large and comfy looking. The original design looks to be about late 90s early 00’s with the rear tail lights resembling the first Generation Navigator and Town Car. Also the front of the car has a traditional Lincoln grill from the 70’s through 80’s design but the headlights are all new and were heavily based on the Italdesign Scighera.

The Update:

Lincoln MKC
Front Engine Rear Wheel Dive
4.6L V-8 producing 330 HP
4.6L Supercharged V-8 producing 400 HP
Includes available features such as:
Wrap around leather seating with side bolsters
Heated and cooled seats
THX 5.1 Sound System
6 Speed Automatic with Select Shift or 6 Speed Manual

---------------------------------

This next one I drew in my spare time at work for Mercury. I wanted to see a Mercury convertible based on the Focus platform so I came up with this. It is supposed to be slightly longer and feature the engines listed in the picture. Sadly this was almost destroyed so the picture is wrinkled. The trims are as listed GS, LS, and XR-7. It features HID headlights, Euro Wheels, and a classic Mercury design. The rear isn't shown but was supposed to resemble the Milan's back. Engines include the new updated Duratec 25 and 30 and the new EcoBoost I4. Though I think the specs on the EcoBoost may be wrong. A few things I'd like to point out are the fender vents that resemble the Mercury logo, the really small back seat, and the classic Mercury script.

Anyway I hope you guys enjoy! :)

I may have more if people like them!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Good work Andrew! I liked both of your drawings very much. Whenever you find the time feel free to post more, I would really like to see 'em.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ ditto, Andrew, I'd like to see some more too.
Have you ever tried chopping?
...there's free software available out there
Thanks for the comments!

I havent really tried it, I have Paint Shop Pro so i could use that.

For now tho Id like to redo all my old sketches from when I was a kid, alot of this stuff does not make sense, but then again some of it is kinda cool and shows how much of a strange kid I was when I was little :p

Some that came up are:
2 door Lincoln but its really long and apparently has a V12
A Small Saturn coupe
A small Saturn hatch Back
BMW Supercar
and a Mercury Coupe, kinda like 90's Cougar but smaller (the interior on this is kinda interesting, I did a retro instrument cluster)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

MKF Sketch (F for Flagship)

This new Lincoln would replace the Town Car as Lincoln’s new Large RWD sedan. Engine Choices would be an EcoBoost 3.5L V-6 as base and upgrade to Lincoln’s all new 5.0L V-8 Delivering 400 Horsepower. New features include:
-Rear fold out desks behind each seat
-Rear heated and cooled seats
-Quad zone climate control
-Power reclining rear seat with leg rests
-Rear massagers
-Vista Sunroof
-THX certified 5.1 Audio sound system
-Parallel Park Assist
-Adaptive Cruise Control
-12 way front power seats with lumbar support
-LED Headlights/Tail Lights

This sketch I really tried to incorporate new Lincoln and old Lincoln. The rear on the C-Pillar is reminiscent of old 50’s and 60’s Lincolns and Mercury’s while the front has Lincoln’s all new traditional split wing grill. Come around to the back and you have the rear of a Continental with dual tail lamps that are connected with the classic Lincoln rear light bar. I am actually pretty happy how this sketch came out, I also drew an interior but it disappointed me and looked too much like a 90’s continental interior so I decided not to scan it in. This vehicle I think would do a good job replacing the current aging Town Car.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
^ Great drawing Andrew! I think it looks great, I really like the way you put current Lincoln styling & older Lincoln styling together.

I think it turned out great. Now, myself & 2b2 most likely, would really like to see some more Mercury drawings whenever you find the time to do some. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
very fun stuff, Andrew! i love seeing people think about the details so much, what makes a Lincoln a Lincoln, a Mercury a Mercury, a flagship a flagship. i like your thinking outside the box for bodystyles also-the 3 seater/retractable roof might be a cool concept to put out there and see what the public thinks. i also liked seeing the return of the Continental 'hump' on your flagship drawing. that as such a strong design cue in the past. when you were following a Mark II or III, it just said 'luxury, class and elegance' like none other.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your comments guys! MS08, don't worry I think the next one I'll do is a Mercury ;) Probably something small and fun but I am not sure yet.

artandcolour - I am glad you noticed the detail I like to put into my work. It is interesting you point out the hump, a while back there was a car show in my area, and they had a ton of classic cars there but on my way home I could see some stragglers still making there way there and one of them was a Mark IV, one of the most beautiful cars I have seen on the road it was all black. I slowed down to let it pass me and just the presence that car has is just awesome, so I really wanted to put something in there to remind people of the classic Lincolns of the past

1 - 8 of 8 Posts