Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else getting a bunch of spam private messages? It seems like every couple of days I am getting one.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Yea I have been getting a bunch as well

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have not been paying attention to them mostly, but I have seen a lot more lately. Is there a way to add a captcha for becoming a member??

·
Registered
235 Posts
You're doing the best you can. If only there was a way to stop them from getting our names into their program.

BTW, I found it funny that many of the PMs I get say that their are viruses on my computer. I think my AVG anti-virus software would tell me before someone on a public forum ever could. :p

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
been getting a fair share as well I usually delete them and don't bother with replying back

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I might need to get some sort of patch installed on the system to prevent them from getting through
my understanding is that there's a delay in new registrations for FmcNews. Does that involve you or Ausrutherford personally approving the account? Asking becuz quite a number of the spammers' names raise rather obvious red-flags for me...

(just found 2 spam-PM's from "Kurtymann")

...heard from an online friend recently that he had to communicate (email) with the moderators elsewhere to get approved - - if you need help with the time involved for something like that, guess I'd be willing to have a go at it
-Or if you want help deleting these jerks-
just can't promise to do it indefinitely.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Yes, I have to personally screen every registration, and Asked other mods to do the same. These PM spammers are somehow getting around that. You may recall we had a massive spamming problem at the beggining.
my understanding is that there's a delay in new registrations for FmcNews. Does that involve you or Ausrutherford personally approving the account? Asking becuz quite a number of the spammers' names raise rather obvious red-flags for me...

(just found 2 spam-PM's from "Kurtymann")

...heard from an online friend recently that he had to communicate (email) with the moderators elsewhere to get approved - - if you need help with the time involved for something like that, guess I'd be willing to have a go at it
-Or if you want help deleting these jerks-
just can't promise to do it indefinitely.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting a ton of spam PMs - I'm almost getting 2 a day now....

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Let me know if you need/want additional help - I've gotten my fare share of them, so I'm bound to have been the first to have recieved some of them....

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I have not been targeted as of late with recent ones but I'll join my fellow moderators in helping eliminate the Spammers

1 - 20 of 38 Posts