Ford Inside News banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPECULATION: RENDERING OF NEXT GENERATION MAZDA 3 SURFACES

Could this be a hint of the new Mazda 3...
Now, I must start off with the fact that I am a proud and happy Mazda 3 owner and have been since 2004. It is a very dynamic, fun, and energetic car to drive...plus it just looks so good. It is not as wild as a Honda Civic, nor is it as bland as a Toyota Corolla...and if you read any of the major Automotive Magazines and Internet Car Boards...they have all ranked the Mazda 3 at the top of their lists and showered it with awards.

So that begs the question...how can Mazda improve on such success? What does Mazda have in store for the next Mazda 3?

Well speculation has been going on already, but now some rather solid renderings are coming to surface. This on comes from the Japanese Magazine The My Car.

Here is the full snippet courtesy of my friends at The Winding Road.com.

While Mazda recently rolled out a facelifted version of the current Axela/Mazda 3 in Japan, the car is going on five years since its debut and a new model is on the horizon.

Japan’s The My Car magazine has put together a rendering of the upcoming next-generation Axela/Mazda 3. Not surprisingly, the rendering includes a lot of styling features borrowed from both the new Mazda 6/Atenza and the popular Mazda 2/Demio compact car.

Engines for the new Axela in Japan are expected to range from a base 1.5-liter four cylinder to a 2.5-liter four cylinder borrowed from the Atenza/6. Like the current car, both a four-door sedan and five-door hatchback are likely to be offered. Rumors have the redesigned model being shown in Paris this fall and it may be on sale in the spring of 2009.
So, what do you think and what would you want to see Mazda do with the next Mazda 3...leave your thoughts and comments here.

Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

· Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The overall car looks good but the front end just looks very odd.
This chop really tries hard to take the front off the new Mazda 6 and fit it onto the body of the Mazda 2 Sedan that was shown in China...hence the proportions being off.

Still though, it gives a unique idea of what could be...though I'd expect something more emotional and more powerful from Mazda.

We'll see.

Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

· Registered
1,018 Posts
This chop really tries hard to take the front off the new Mazda 6 and fit it onto the body of the Mazda 2 Sedan that was shown in China...hence the proportions being off.

Still though, it gives a unique idea of what could be...though I'd expect something more emotional and more powerful from Mazda.

We'll see.

Stay Fabulous!
RG59061
Oh ok.

I drove a 2006 Mazda 3 a couple of months a ago (little bro's car) and I didn't really see anything Mazda could improve upon I thought it was a very fun little car to drive and the interior was very good quality so if Mazda makes this car better I don't see any reason why it couldn't easily out sell the Civic and Corolla.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.