·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spied: 2013 Lincoln MKT Gets Refined Version of Waterfall Grille
by Alexander Stoklosa
September 30, 2011
Car and Driver

We caught a glimpse of the refreshed 2013 Lincoln MKS yesterday, and running in the pack with it our spy photographers spotted the 2013 MKT crossover. As you can see in these pictures, it too will receive a new rendition of the brand’s waterfall grille. Just as on the MKS, the MKT’s large, split grille gets thinner slats.

Full text at link

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
interesting. Looks like the headlights and rear aren't changing either

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
OK...now I'm really starting to wonder
• are they really going to put the SAME grille on the Z, S, AND T???
or
• are these just DUMMY grilles??? and the real thing could be completely different?
...maybe even 3 differents!
You hate this grille? I think it looks great!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Also notice how the wheels are blacked out. I wonder if Lincoln will finally start getting exclusive wheels. It still bothers me that the Flex Titanium has the same wheels as the MKT EcoBoost

·
Registered
607 Posts
This is an odd looking vehicle with its current grille being its worst attribute. This new one is a sign that they're heading in the right direction but I still don't see this as a handsome vehicle. Lincoln would be so much better off starting with the Explorer's body or, better yet, the Flex's and going up from there. The MkT's third row is atrocious with a tiny seat cushion and poor head and leg room. Until the MkT is replaced with a better looking, roomier vehicle, they're just taking the old pig and applying new lipstick.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The finer grille was what this style of grille really needed, it seems. While I doubt I'd buy one (no real need) I think this could be an improvement.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I saw a Mitsubishi Diamante from '02 or '03 the other day with this nose. Not a good sign...

·
Registered
997 Posts
I saw a Mitsubishi Diamante from '02 or '03 the other day with this nose. Not a good sign...

Thank you for also noticing the Mitsu front-end. I guess comparisons to Pontiac and Oldsmobile front-ends can be made as well. AND of all these grill similarities, the Diamante, Pontiac and Oldsmobile are no longer being produced. ".........Introducing the new 2012 MKCutlass G6.......by lincoln......"LOL Actually more like a Silhouette/Montana remake.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
You can't see the whole grille, there is a good amount of camo just the part that is visible makes it look like that

The grill is a fake...notice the wrinkles.
Are you sure thats not just the camo over the grille?

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can't see the whole grille, there is a good amount of camo just the part that is visible makes it look like that

Are you sure thats not just the camo over the grille?
The bars of the "grill" curve themself.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I agree there's something FALSE about the grilleS on all the spyshot Lincolns:
T S & Z

What happened to talk of a 2013 Lincoln Aviator?
(belated Welcome to the Forum from me, ottav!)
this is the same kind of question I asked elsewhere a couple/few days ago**
I know the thread title says FORD but what the heck

Has anyone heard anything recently about Lincoln's KUGA version???

seems all news stops with the new Z's intro at NAIAS ... almost like there IS Nothing definite after that

my point is that Lincoln COULD have ALL New vehicles in the pipeline for 2012(-2013)
the WHOLE Lineup
IF Fomoco wanted to do it...

...imho it's obvious that they DON'T
:toetap::toetap::toetap::toetap::toetap::toetap::toetap:

** btw the answer from PREMiERdrum was
"AFAIK the MKEscape isn't set to be unveiled until late 2012, entering production in early 2013."
(MKEscape = "MKG"/KuGa imho)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Re: BREAKING: 2013 Lincoln MKT Gets ...

BREAKING:
Brenda Priddy shoots mce'd MKT with NO camo
(Link no pix yet)
I hope someone buys it soon I want to seeee!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts