Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPIED: NEW FORD RANGER MULE SPOTTED AT FORD'S GLOBAL HEADQUARTERS IN DEARBORN, MI
NEXT GENERATION RANGER TO TRULY BE A GLOBAL VEHICLE

We may finally have seen the end of the current US Ranger. It has served us well, but is long due to be retired gracefully.
2009 US Ranger Pictured Above

Australian developers for Ford Motor Company have been hard at work developing the next iteration of the ever loved Ford Ranger, dubbed T6 for it's development name. While we here in the States, the original home of the Ranger, have bee soldiering on with our version of the now "Long-in-the-tooth" Ranger since the mid 90s with very little change.

Ford in Dearborn may have finally heard our prayers and is using it's leverage to help make the Australian developed T6 Ranger into a truly global product.

Reports and now spy-shots hitting the web at Autoblog.com show a camouflaged and Mazda branded mule of the T6 Ranger at Ford's Global headquarters in Dearborn, MI. What is very promising, is that the mules are also being found in Left-Hand Drive configuration.

Have a read over Autoblog's short posting below and take a look at the pictures for yourself...let us know if a new Ranger like this is finally...what the doctor has ordered for the North American market.

Spy Shots: Ford Ranger mule caught testing in Dearborn

by John Neff on Jun 5th 2009 at 12:58PM

As we've previously reported, Ford engineers in Australia are hard at work on the next-generation Ranger pickup, reportedly codenamed T6. While the Ranger name is used on various Ford pickups sold around the world that are different from our long-in-the-tooth U.S. model, word has it that Ford may be leveraging this new global pickup platform to replace the latter truck here in the States when it goes away after the 2011 model year. These new spy shots lend some serious credence to those rumors, as this Ranger mule wasn't snapped in Australia... it was caught in Dearborn, MI near the headquarters of Ford Motor Company.

Never mind the Mazda-looking front end, which likely just hides the bones of this next-gen global Ranger. And while details are scare, talk of a 1.6-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine with 175 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque refuses to go away. Check out the rest of the high-res spy shots in our gallery below and let us know if a new, more economical Ranger is just what the doctor for Ford in the States.

As Always...Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I'll actually be on location at Dearborn on Monday to see if I can get exclusive shots of these trucks (and the next gen explorer) out in the wild for fellow fomoco and GMI readers hopefully everything will go as planned

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic! I wish you the best of luck and I hope you snag some great shots of both this new Ranger Mule and I know we'd love to see more on the next-gen Explorer!

Can't wait to see what you are able to catch!

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
thanx I'll need all the luck I can get MPG has been dead as of late and plus the facilities spy photog hunters are starting to come out of the woodwork to try and catch me (i was chased by a fellow in a Mercury Moutaineer down the dirt roads adjacent to the perimeter earlier today, thankfully i managed to lose him after a few minutes of driving). Hopefully a change of scenery will bring better results

·
Registered
919 Posts
I can make out the Mazda badge, but I think this mule is just testing the T6 and not anything about the sheet metal of the actual Ranger.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
GMfan, sometimes Ford engineers actually set out testers bnehind the black picked fence at that facility across from the Henry Ford. Two years ago, they had some MkSs just sitting in the parking lot.
cool I'll have to keep an eye on that area but the majority of my search will be by the test track and research facilities

1 - 7 of 7 Posts