Ford Inside News banner

Spied: Interior shots of 2011 Hyundai Elantra (MD)

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Tahoe 
#1 ·
After a long hiatus of spy shots of the next-generation Hyundai Elantra, we have the first clear images of the completed interior of the brand's popular compact offering. From these shots, it is evident that Hyundai has ditched the conservative design of the current Elantra in favor of a rather radical and polarizing one.

Code-named 'MD', the redesigned Elantra is yet another rendition of Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture design theme that is also conveyer in the new Sonata and Tucson. The 2011 Elantra sedan will feature a sportier overall appearance, with larger front grille, stretched head-lamps, steeper windshield rake and lower roof-line.

As for now, we have no confirmed details on 2011 Elantra's engine options but you can expect to see Hyundai's new 2.0L Theta four-cylinder engine under its hood Placed. In addition, Hyundai will probably enter a 1.6L four-cylinder engine in the entry-level, Elantra Blue model, Which Will Achieve above average thanks to the Applied mileage gasoline direct injection technology.

The sales date has not been confirmed for the 2011 Elantra. However, sources report that the launch date is tentatively scheduled for July of 2010. Our take? With Hyundai's 24 / 7 in full force, we expect the Elantra to be launched much earlier, especially considering the fact that the new compact sedan is next in line for unveiling according to the brand's plan. We will see for now.

See more images after the jump for yourself and comment below on Whether Hyundai is taking the right direction or not with the Elantra's new interior.

LINK Carblogger

See less See more
#3 ·
Is it me, or is this the poster child for form over function. Not always a good thing, IMHO. Especially with interiors.
I see Cruze and Fiesta in this vehicle. Hyundai is a mish mash of designs. The Vents (center dash vents) are in an odd place.

#4 ·
I see Cruze and Fiesta in this vehicle. Hyundai is a mish mash of designs. The Vents (center dash vents) are in an odd place.
Agreed on the vents, not liking those

#7 ·
Oh boy, if you hadn't told me it was the new Elantra, we could have called it the Whatchamacallit. A number of quasi-(or queasy)Asian small car design cues inside, more than a touch of the latest Prius on the outside. So appealing(appalling?)...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.