Ford Inside News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spied! Underhood Photos of the 2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost V-6 - PickupTrucks.com
Posted by Mike Levine | August 18, 2010
Photos by Brenda Priddy & Company (so not hotlinked or replicated)
Last week, Ford officially introduced the all-new 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 for the 2011 Ford F-150 by showing a cutaway of the technically advanced six-cylinder mounted on an engine stand. But if you wondered what the 3.5 might look like fully dressed in an F-150, our spies have snapped the first photos.

These underhood shots show the powerful EcoBoost engine sitting at home in the engine bay of a test F-150. The large plastic cover that masks its composite intake manifold is stamped with “3.5L V6” and “EcoBoost.” Interestingly, the cover also has four deep grooves on each side, which cosmetically hints it’s a V-8 engine with only a quick glance. A subliminal message from Ford?...

...Production and sale of the 3.5 EcoBoost is expected to start in the first quarter of 2011. It will be available for every F-150 model, like the high-end Platinum model shown here, except for the special-edition SVT Raptor and Harley-Davidson trucks.

More...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And...
PRE-State Fair of Texas Meetup and 2011 EcoBoost F-150 Preview - PickupTrucks.com/Facebook
Let's make this formal to get a headcount. If we can round up at least 20 folks for a BBQ dinner provided by PickupTrucks.com, Ford will bring out an EcoBoost F-150 for y'all to see in person before it hits the State Fair on Sept 23. Sound good? You betcha!

Please RSVP by Sept 5, so I can confirm the EB F-150.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location Dallas, Texas
Time September 21 · 5:00pm - 8:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

, Mike!
&
FiN/FmcNews readers, if you can't get to it yourself but know someone who might,
LET THEM KNOW!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
damn too far away... just show it already!

·
Registered
220 Posts
It will be interesting to see how customers respond to this. I think there will be an early surge of early adopters, followed by a slow period, then if it lives up to its hype, I think you'll see word-of-mouth referrals give sales a boost again. I'd say maybe 10-15% of overall F-150 sales.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts