1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C7 Corvette Will Have a Split Window - Edmunds

Photos added, 1:30 PM

photo adapted from Edmunds

We bet you didn't see this one coming. The next Corvette, the C7, will have a split rear window as on the 1963 Corvette Sting Ray.

In an interview with Inside Line, Ed Welburn, General Motors' head of global design, father of the re-born Camaro, told us the next Vette will follow the 2010 Camaro down the road of retro-inflected styling

This was hinted at by the Corvette Stingray concept that was used in the second Transformers movie. "That car is not the next Corvette," says Welburn, "But the split-window is something that I expect for the next Corvette."...

and
Welburn: C7 Corvette To Get Split Rear Window - MotorAuthority

By Nelson Ireson, Author, September 21st, 2009

Just over a month ago we brought you the first reports that the C7 Chevrolet Corvette is due to arrive in 2012, and now Ed Welburn, GM's product design head, has revealed that the next Vette will get a split rear window along with some other vintage styling cues.

The split rear window, though often considered an iconic Corvette element, was actually only fitted to the 1963 Corvette Sting Ray. It was also featured on the Stingray Concept car shown off for the Transformers movie debut, though GM and Welburn have both reiterated that the Stingray Concept is not the C7 Corvette...

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
The next corvette should focus more on grip, (so that its not a hands full around corners) and interior materials improvement.
This design element is going to be cool. Though even now, its a beutiful car to look at. I just think they could do something about the front beak. Its not a firebird.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow those pictures are amazing. absolutely drool worthy.. and here i came across this post because i was looking for acar window replacement.. good post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts